• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

That 30 is probably one of my favorites. I like the orange background color and the way Hal is posed.

And isn't it a stronger design than those little bugs running around on #13? :baiting:

Jack

That 17 was your biggest upgrade. What do the letters B and D mean? I need a 17, but I'm already in contact with someone about a copy.

My own personal code:

A= W

B= Ow-W

C= OW

D= C-OW

E= don't care, I don't collect GA so........

Rick

Just received and adding to the pile:

Ok, now that I busted a nut up-grading, time to go back to filling holes.

hm

That previous sentence is just soo wrong.

Rick

(thumbs u

Great Books Rick!

Fool Killer in the general room was cracking on the JLA #1 as being a "silly" cover. I cannot disagree more but wondered what our JLA friends think of the early covers. I love them.

Pedigree Comics bought JLA #1-3 (JLA #1 9.6, #2 9.6, #3 9.4) from the comic dealer in Kentucky.

They are going on sale Monday....wonder what the asking price will be

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...they'll price them for more than what they paid for them. You heard it here first, folks.

Too bad about the timing. If I didn't shoot my wad at Heritage last month, I would've made a bold attempt at the #3. Oh well, that'll keep the price down for the eventual taker.

As for Foolkiller, he's entitled to his opinion. Curious which JLA covers he DOES like. I've found JLA to be one of those titles that people either embrace for it's nostalgia & commaraderie, or dismiss it as purely kids' stuff.

Childish or Childlike? You be the judge.

My early personal faves are 9, 13, 19, 30 & yes, #1. I prefer covers that make you think/wonder, moreso than just slam-bang action covers.

Rick

I'm really interested in what they draw. Doug's never been afraid to ask for a big price.

I'm enjoying the vicarious thrill of just imagining I could have mugged the guy before he came into the store! I'm bigger than he is...

I'm going to add, I actually own a JLA 193. It is one of just two DC books I own. If any real JLA collector needs it, let me know.

:news:

Pedigree Comics bought JLA #1-3 (JLA #1 9.6, #2 9.6, #3 9.4) from the comic dealer in Kentucky.

They are going on sale Monday....wonder what the asking price will be

Kentucky has been real good for vintage books lately. :cloud9:

Just received and adding to the pile:

Ok, now that I busted a nut up-grading, time to go back to filling holes.

hm

That previous sentence is just soo wrong.

Rick

(worship) (worship) Awesome pick ups Rick.

Too bad about the timing. If I didn't shoot my wad at Heritage last month, I would've made a bold attempt at the #3. Oh well, that'll keep the price down for the eventual taker.

$20K worth of "bold attempt"? Too rich for my blood, I won`t be a player for the 1-3 at those prices.