• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

Just noticed that Pedigree comics has in their auction preview a JLA #7 CGC 9.4 universal (see below)....Any ideas on what this book might be bid up to? What is its guide value?...Or do any of you JLA collectors have a 9.2 or 9.4 and mind sharing what you paid?

Just trying to get a feel to see if I can even bid in the ball park

Thanks!!!

:takeit:

66864.jpg.e7184b2769beae53a31df0d24bff2741.jpg

Edited by krey

Just noticed that Pedigree comics has in their auction preview a JLA #7 CGC 9.4 universal (see below)....Any ideas on what this book might be bid up to? What is its guide value?...Or do any of you JLA collectors have a 9.2 or 9.4 and mind sharing what you paid?

Thanks!!!

isn't this the same book that "sold" in may clink auction for $2800?

???I am not sure, I at the time wasn't tracking it....Any idea what any previous 9.2's have gone for to maybe get some sort of basis going?

i'm not 100% certain, but if tim shows up i'm sure he'll be able to confirm if it's the same book. i remember that miswrap. there's your basis.

???I am not sure, I at the time wasn't tracking it....Any idea what any previous 9.2's have gone for to maybe get some sort of basis going?

i'm not 100% certain, but if tim shows up i'm sure he'll be able to confirm if it's the same book. i remember that miswrap. there's your basis.

Yup, this one has come up before. It's tough to find a high grade #7 without a fugly miswrap, otherwise it's pretty much the easiest JLA between 1-10 to find in 9.2 or 9.4. So I believe it typically goes cheaper than any of the other 1-10 issues in 9.4.

I've never been too crazy about the close shave up top. Looks like everything's there, but there's no room to breathe!

As for past info, I have yet to upgrade my 9.0 that I got for $240 back in '03. Not much of a reference point, but watcha gonna do?

Come to think of it, a 9.4 sold for $1800 back in Aug of '07. PQ unknown.

Rick

Thanks!!!

a 9.2 w/ white pages and much better wrap just sold on WWcomics for $1250

:hi:

Haven't been on the boards for....I think almost 6 months... :whistle:

How did we let the JLA collecting thread fall off the first page... (shrug)

Been really busy with work, family, etc....but I am now getting withdrawal

symptoms and feel I must buy something....

Hope to start filling in my #1-100 run and ditch the 101-261 run.....

johnny

P.S.----I'm glad I don't collect TTA #59, or Rocky Mountain FF's, or AF #15's....

JLA's seem to have cooled off a little....well at least compared to silver age Marvels....

Hello there

I collect JLA # 22's;

I've posted a few examples below;

I was wondering what a nice (9.6) copy of the comic might cost, whether it would be easy to obtain & likely source(s).

Many thanks.

given that there's only one 9.6 on the census, i would say 'no, it isn't going to be easy to obtain." And given that a 9.2 sold for $1400+ this year, i think you're looking at something like $6,000 for the 9.6. given the scarcity, that is probably on the low side.

I will pay more than $6000.00 for a 9.6 copy.

I'll pay more than $6001 for a 9.6 copy.

:o look out the wallet police will be down on your arse before you can say TTA#59!

The thread will be littered with beater scan's of Bat's #1 like a plague :insane:

.. run you fools, run!

I will pay more than $6000.00 for a 9.6 copy.

I'll pay more than $6001 for a 9.6 copy.

Someone refresh my memory...about a couple years ago there was a Pacific Coast JLA #22 on sale on comic link...I can't remember if it was a CGC 9.4 or 9.6, but it sold for $8,000....it was already sold by the time I checked the site...

My only regret is...neither Vibe nor Steele suffered enough!

(Doing my best Homer impression)

Lousy JLA wannabe's! Almost ruined my favorite comic! Why, you little...!

Hey come to think of it, Vibe did in fact get chocked to death. How's that for unintentional coincidence!

Rick