• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

pm me all the Doom Patrols, please.

oh wait, you said "notable."

er

whatever fits the bill would be awesome. thx in advance

you have to laugh. i just zipped thru my 2009 clink auction results and there isn't one Doom Patrol sale. zippo, zilch, nada.

scarce and in low demand. it's a double whammy for poor blokes like me.

:tonofbricks:

an 8.5 copy of 99 went out the door in late October. i didn't go after it very hard.

but that's the only one that even sniffs "of note." there was a restored 7.0 copy of 104 that sold and a BA reprint, but i think the final DP tally for 09 on CL might be four books, as there may be one i've missed

pm me all the Doom Patrols, please.

oh wait, you said "notable."

er

whatever fits the bill would be awesome. thx in advance

you have to laugh. i just zipped thru my 2009 clink auction results and there isn't one Doom Patrol sale. zippo, zilch, nada.

scarce and in low demand. it's a double whammy for poor blokes like me.

:tonofbricks:

an 8.5 copy of 99 went out the door in late October. i didn't go after it very hard.

but that's the only one that even sniffs "of note." there was a restored 7.0 copy of 104 that sold and a BA reprint, but i think the final DP tally for 09 on CL might be four books, as there may be one i've missed

i should have mentioned i only track 9.2 and above. so you're probably right

Off the top of my head I'll say anything under $1200 is worth it for a 6.5 (too lazy to check GPA).

No matter what you paid, congrats for finally getting one!

Rick

I've noticed copies in 6.0-6.5 go for $1500-1800 over the last few years. Got this one at $1216, so I'm definitely happy.

Time goes by fast...haven't posted in quite a while... :hi:

Great Book John! I have always wanted a copy of JLA 1 ever since seeing the cover in one of the early 80's Overstreet price guides...

As for the JLA market, I have noticed a trend...

1. JLA #1- has slowly declined in price over the past couple years. That is a great price for the JLA #1 in 6.5 (thumbs u

2. Early JLA issues (ie: first 20 to 30 issues) are selling at great prices in 9.4 or better

3. Mid to Late JLA issues (ie: 40-100) are selling at great prices in 9.6 or better

4. Everything else is drifting down in price points (ie: issues between 40-100 do not seem to be commanding the prices they did a year ago in CGC 9.4)...(and issues in the 100's and 200's in CGC 9.8 are not selling for the prices they did a year ago)...

Rick,

I think sometime between now and mid-2010 before the movie hype hits ("IF, there is still going to be a movie!!") will be the best time to buy a JLA #1... :wishluck:

Hey Tim :grin:

Nice to be back...

I had to put the collecting on hold for several months to save enough money

for a down payment on a new house...

Also expecting baby #3 in about 3 months or so...

Unfortunately, the "comic money" will be harder to come by and I will have to

change my collecting goals... hm

My next acquisition will likely be a BB28 or a JLA1 in the best condition I can currently afford...hopefully I can upgrade in the future...

Hey Tim :grin:

Nice to be back...

I had to put the collecting on hold for several months to save enough money

for a down payment on a new house...

Also expecting baby #3 in about 3 months or so...

Unfortunately, the "comic money" will be harder to come by and I will have to

change my collecting goals... hm

My next acquisition will likely be a BB28 or a JLA1 in the best condition I can currently afford...hopefully I can upgrade in the future...

Nice JLA #1. Congrats !!!

I don't see many of those books > Fine.

Thanks Tim

(thumbs u

Hopefully this one will like comics...his 2 older brothers are not interested

at all...I took them to a comic convention last year and we came out with a box full of star wars figures and legos and no comics... :tonofbricks: