• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I couldn't find a Fletcher Hanks thread, so here one is!

9 posts in this topic

To those who may not be familiar with this early GA creator, here's one of several threads dedicated to him:

http://www.themysterywalk.com/Stardust-Character-Page.html

There's a new book on him that's just come out, and it's about dang time!

Of the many odd, brilliant, raw visions of the GA's early days, there's little that approaches Hanks' all too small body of work.

The only word - all too insufficient - that comes to mind is "Wolvertonesque."

(Maybe we should be posting about Hanks in the "what'll be hot in 15 years" thread!)

Fletcher Hanks rocks!

The author is a member of the forum (bix3131) and several forumites have been helping to complete the checklist of his work.

If you start at the end of this thread and page toward the beginning you'll find a number of scans of pages/stories that are not in the book.

Fiction House Anyone

The last post in this thread is from the author of the Fletcher Hanks books and this thread also has scans of pages/stories.

Fox Thread

I wouldn't call him Wolvertonesque, but I think they were both taking the same peyote!

The author of the Fletcher Hanks books called him "Wolverton on acid"

I met Paul Karasik (editor of the Fletcher Hanks book) as MOCCA a couple weeks ago... really nice guy. The book is very well done... probably the best reprinting of classic material that I've seen yet.

I was too lazy to look up Paul's name so I'm glad you posted. I will pick up the book at San Diego direct from Fantagraphics.

I wouldn't call him Wolvertonesque, but I think they were both taking the same peyote!

isn't that redundant?

i love how Stardust can just pull powers out of his tuchus whenever he needs them thumbsup2.gif

isn't that redundant?

I was resistant to that descriptor until I saw the pages posted here. cool.gif