• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any ideas on these two ASM NM 70 auctions?

10 posts in this topic

It seemed strange that an ASM #70 NM auction ended at $150, but I later found what looks like the same comic for $200. Any ideas? First, why would such a great comic end at such a low price ($150 in 9.4 with white pages!)? And second, can these be different books from the same person with only 2 feedbacks? The pictures look exactly alike, and the auctions ended 13 minutes apart...

ASM #70 NM White Pages for $150

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2189797010&category=32739

ASM #70 NM White Pages for $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2189794615&category=33819

OK, so how do you take care of someone like this with eBay? This is fraud, and the sort of thing that could probably get a person either a big fine or some jail time. Does that ever happen? Do these eBay scum actually get what's coming to them? Perhaps eBay needs to work harder to screen out the scum...

Thanks!

Mike

OK, so how do you take care of someone like this with eBay? This is fraud, and the sort of thing that could probably get a person either a big fine or some jail time. Does that ever happen? Do these eBay scum actually get what's coming to them? Perhaps eBay needs to work harder to screen out the scum...

Thanks!

Mike

Nothing much to screen here.

eBay can't protect people from their own stupidity every time.

Bidding on an auction with a duplicate from the same *2* feedback seller = Stupidity

Mike: basically, what Dice said. You can email the high bidder but you can't warn every potential fraud victim. People just need to use common sense. If that fails, then I suppose being ripped off will cause one to be more vigilant in the future.......

Mike: basically, what Dice said. You can email the high bidder but you can't warn every potential fraud victim. People just need to use common sense. If that fails, then I suppose being ripped off will cause one to be more vigilant in the future.......
Yep...I fell for one of the too good to true deals in my past and it made me more wary. Luckily for me, the DA in the area that the crooks lived decided to make a case against them. I ended up with fulll restitution with interest! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Score one for the good guys!

Yeah...it turned out the the 2 guys never was in trouble previous to that. They just decided that a comic scam was the best thing to do at that time! confused-smiley-013.gif

great! i smell another private auction and maybe private feedback. confused-smiley-013.gif