• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - GL #76's

8 posts in this topic

copy 1 looks like a nice VF, due to what appears to be impact damage to the lower left. i'd have to see the book in hand to determine the extent of the damage, but it looks similar - based on back cover patterning - from other books i've graded similarly. the foxing on the right side is faint and if emphasised by the scan, probably not too much of a detraction for the grade.

bottom copy looks actually a little nicer, maybe a VF+. it has more defects, but of lesser intensity than the LLC of copy 1. thumb crease top edge, some moderate spine creasing, soft left bottom corner on the back etc.

both are lovely copies of a very desirable book. if you slab them, you should post scans thumbsup2.gif

copy 1 looks like a nice VF, due to what appears to be impact damage to the lower left. i'd have to see the book in hand to determine the extent of the damage, but it looks similar - based on back cover patterning - from other books i've graded similarly. the foxing on the right side is faint and if emphasised by the scan, probably not too much of a detraction for the grade.

bottom copy looks actually a little nicer, maybe a VF+. it has more defects, but of lesser intensity than the LLC of copy 1. thumb crease top edge, some moderate spine creasing, soft left bottom corner on the back etc.

both are lovely copies of a very desirable book. if you slab them, you should post scans thumbsup2.gif

sumo.gif I think Sal has nailed these . . . 8.0 / 8.5 sumo.gifsumo.gif

both with slight upside potential gossip.gif

Managed to acquire two of these books back in mid 90's - am considering submitting to CGC and thought I'd let you opine on them first...

GL76a-front.jpg

GL76a-back.jpg

2nd copy....

GL76b-front.jpg

GL76b-back.jpg

I am much tigher...

1st copy 7.0 F/VF

2nd copy 7.5 VF-