• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie Question re: Rock-n-Roll comics

11 posts in this topic

I have some questions that I'd like to take directly to the experts. I'm a card guy with zero knowledge of comics, related grading considerations, their markets, etc. ... so please be gentle.

blush.gif

I have run across five comics printed by Rock-n-Roll Comics in the early 1990's titled "The Pink Floyd Experience" parts 1-5 of 5. Each is a 1st printing and (to my inexperienced eye) in outstanding condition.

As I am predisposed to unloading these books, my questions are:

1. Is there any demand for these comics?

2. In the absence of an existing market and presuming that they grade highly, would submitting them for CGC grading make them more attractive to prospective buyers as novelty items (... I know ... the grading presumption is a big one ...)?

3. Are they simply not worth the effort?

confused-smiley-013.gif

TIA.

I have some questions that I'd like to take directly to the experts. I'm a card guy with zero knowledge of comics, related grading considerations, their markets, etc. ... so please be gentle.

blush.gif

I have run across five comics printed by Rock-n-Roll Comics in the early 1990's titled "The Pink Floyd Experience" parts 1-5 of 5. Each is a 1st printing and (to my inexperienced eye) in outstanding condition.

2. In the absence of an existing market and presuming that they grade highly, would submitting them for CGC grading make them more attractive to prospective buyers as novelty items (... I know ... the grading presumption is a big one ...)?

confused-smiley-013.gif

TIA.

1) Low demand

2) Unlikely

3) May be worthwhile to not list it in an eBay category that relates to this group. You may get better results in that area that the comics area!

blush.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

TIA.

The set by itself will go to rock and roll or Pink Floyd fans for about $10.00, maybe more on a good day. They are not worth submitting to CGC though.

blush.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

TIA.

Hmmm...Card guy.

OK, to put it like you would understand it...

They are 5 commons from the 1989 Topps set. cool.gif

Thanks, guys ...

Hmmm...Card guy.

They are 5 commons from the 1989 Topps set.

OUCH! That's a description that's as brutal as it is informative. I've always considered the best use of '89 Topps to be soaking up the debris when the toilet overflows. Guess I've got five copies of near mint-to-mint garbage.

grin.gif

Thanks again.

Thanks, guys ...

Hmmm...Card guy.

OUCH! That's a description that's as brutal as it is informative. I've always considered the best use of '89 Topps to be soaking up the debris when the toilet overflows. Guess I've got five copies of near mint-to-mint garbage.

grin.gif

Thanks again.

I beg to differ...if it contains Pink Floyd it can no way be considered garbage... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks, guys ...

Hmmm...Card guy.

grin.gif

Thanks again.

I beg to differ...if it contains Pink Floyd it can no way be considered garbage... 893naughty-thumb.gif

How about their songs? shocked.gif