• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Byrne's FF run What books are.....

79 posts in this topic

I think it's a good read from #232 up into the 260's. I think it slipped pretty bad from there. But, I can still remember the buzz when Byrne left X-Men to go to FF. The title got "hot" again and it was a good read. Mix in some X-Men appearances to get brief Byrne-fixes at the time. 27_laughing.gif

Is it just me, but I thought FF was an "old" book with that 20th Anniversary Issue at the time. 27_laughing.gif Now, 20 years doesn't seem so long.

I think it's a good read from #232 up into the 260's. I think it slipped pretty bad from there. But, I can still remember the buzz when Byrne left X-Men to go to FF. The title got "hot" again and it was a good read. Mix in some X-Men appearances to get brief Byrne-fixes at the time. 27_laughing.gif

Is it just me, but I thought FF was an "old" book with that 20th Anniversary Issue at the time. 27_laughing.gif Now, 20 years doesn't seem so long.

IIRC, one the hugely controversial things Byrne did early on was to give Sue a new short hair style.

IIRC, one the hugely controversial things Byrne did early on was to give Sue a new short hair style.

Then there came the mullet..... insane.gif

FF281.jpg

Then there came the mullet..... insane.gif

FF281.jpg

You gotta love the mullet. Scientist from the deep south created that look so rebels could keep their long hair but still look professional. tongue.gif

But he only wrote the run from 232-293 right?

Wrote and penciled. He inked himself on the early issues but had other inkers later on. Interesting to see Ordway ink Byrne.

But he only wrote the run from 232-293 right?

Wrote and penciled. He inked himself on the early issues but had other inkers later on. Interesting to see Ordway ink Byrne.

Hated Ordway inking Byrne. Not as bad as Jim Mooney(ASM 189 & 190)....but pretty terrible.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Al Gordon... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't remember now. insane.gif

Hated Ordway inking Byrne. Not as bad as Jim Mooney(ASM 189 & 190)....but pretty terrible.

Much like Colletta, Mooney ruined anyone he inked over. frown.gif

Beautiful cover on 189....

ASM189CGC.jpg

Open the book up....and ya want to throw it in the garbage Christo_pull_hair.gif

Highly valued? Ill just say that one of my few remaining SS books is a #250 signed by him and that one I wont part with cloud9.gif

Great Reads? The whole run is pretty cool, pretty much his best stuff, second only to the X-Men run cloud9.gif