• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jacquet Ephemera

9 posts in this topic

Okay Esquire & Sacentaur -

I think I figured out the photobucket/URL thing & can try posting some of the Jacquet stuff that was first brought up over on the Pay Copy Thread. (That thread's taken a number of interesting turns, and I didn't want to further re-direct it.)

Below (I hope) is a portion of a Jacquet note on a Captain America imitator that goes on to compare the title to Cap (which was, of course, a riff on The Shield) and ends with Jacquet expressing uncertainty (as we do today!) about where Joe Simon ended and Jack Kirby began. (I'm trying to pry the note loose from its owner, and can't show more until I do - sorry for the slim pickings!)

web page

Sacentaur - you should post that cool promo sheet!

And Esquire - is there a place where we can see the Fawcett lawsuit stuff???

Below (I hope) is a portion of a Jacquet note on a Captain America imitator that goes on to compare the title to Cap (which was, of course, a riff on The Shield) and ends with Jacquet expressing uncertainty (as we do today!) about where Joe Simon ended and Jack Kirby began. (I'm trying to pry the note loose from its owner, and can't show more until I do - sorry for the slim pickings!)

Very interesting! I hope you're able to show the rest of the note someday, I'd love to see exactly what he said about S&K.

In photobucket just click on the IMG link and then paste it (ctrl-v) into the post.

Looking forward to more! thumbsup2.gif

Sacentaur - you should post that cool promo sheet!

Sure...(it's actually a 4 page oversized flyer):

100_0988.jpg

I really enjoy Golden Age ephemera (BangZoom displayed some great stuff in his thread) - let's see more!

STEVE

I think I figured out the photobucket/URL thing & can try posting some of the Jacquet stuff that was first brought up over on the Pay Copy Thread. (That thread's taken a number of interesting turns, and I didn't want to further re-direct it.)

web page

LJCapNoteCU.jpg

And Esquire - is there a place where we can see the Fawcett lawsuit stuff???

It would be a rare case where some historic book I mention in my possession is not displayed on my website! They are in the Special Collections-Notable Issues section.

But to save you time, they are proudly displayed here:

Whiz58.jpg

Whiz85.jpg

Whiz88.jpg