• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tired of grading all those Marvels and DC's? Well grade this book for a change!

15 posts in this topic

Golden age Barks cover cloud9.gif

All defects can be seen in that huge scan. There are about 11 very small spine stress lines. None of them really break color thanks to yellow cover. Hard to even notice without looking at an angle. No hidden flaws on back cover.

WDC&S96 (536kb)

Which is a better copy mine or this: Link to Vaultauctions wdcs96

There is a date stamp on my copy but as all you know CGC doesn't downgrade for that.

I can count about 7-8 similar spine stress lines from that much smaller Vaultauctions scan.

Damn Disney/Barks ducks haters tongue.gif

Only one person (thanks supa) has given his opinion so far 893frustrated.gif

Beyonder only QP graded this book. Have to agree with him about that 9.8 though.

That Vaultauctions book could get only QP 9.0 at maximum- just look at that DELL-logo tongue.gif

8.5...cause it's a Golden Oldie... wink.gif
Whew...I must be right because you always overgrade! confused-smiley-013.gif

I just wanted to post a bigger number than you... 27_laughing.gif

BTW..My GA that I have had graded has always been right on the mark... makepoint.gif

8.5...cause it's a Golden Oldie... wink.gif
Whew...I must be right because you always overgrade! confused-smiley-013.gif

I just wanted to post a bigger number than you... 27_laughing.gif

BTW..My GA that I have had graded has always been right on the mark... makepoint.gif

Prove it! sumo.gif

Nah..we only hate the Finns! Can't forgive you for Jari Kurri!

I can't believe you are still bitter because Kurri left Oilers and wen't to LA?

Or is it just that Kurri took a bronze medal in his last Olympics in Nagano while beating all those canuck stars..Gretzky,Yzerman etc. ? grin.gif It's not his fault that your hockey team sucked tongue.gif

Nah..we only hate the Finns! Can't forgive you for Jari Kurri!

I can't believe you are still bitter because Kurri left Oilers and wen't to LA?

Or is it just that Kurri took a bronze medal in his last Olympics in Nagano while beating all those canuck stars..Gretzky,Yzerman etc. ? grin.gif It's not his fault that your hockey team sucked tongue.gif

Hell...I could care less about Kurri. I just threw that in just for the hell of it. Not like I actually cheered for the Oilers! 893frustrated.gif

I love that issue... I have two copies, but the better one's only in about FN. I believe that's a key issue - first appearance of Gladstone Gander, or first Scrooge in an ish of WDC&S ? Don't have the guide handy at the moment...

Anyhoo, yours is slightly nicer, IMO... slightly brighter and cleaner-looking, despite a few more spine stresses (which are pretty minimal anyway, especially for a book of that vintage)...

I would grade that a solid VF+, and from what I've seen of CGC's grading on Golden Age, I don't think they could possibly go lower than VF...