• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Submission Woes

53 posts in this topic

I submitted my first books around June 2nd. I did the 15 day submission process and they're running around 2 weeks behind. Everytime I call I get the "call back next week" spiel. Now I realize this is convention season, but shouldn't customers get some kind of incentive for these late spells?

I'd think CGC was making enough money to hire enough staff to cover the influx of submissions. And how are they going to offer an even faster service when they can't even commit to their current demands?

I submitted my first books around June 2nd. I did the 15 day submission process and they're running around 2 weeks behind. Everytime I call I get the "call back next week" spiel. Now I realize this is convention season, but shouldn't customers get some kind of incentive for these late spells?

I'd think CGC was making enough money to hire enough staff to cover the influx of submissions. And how are they going to offer an even faster service when they can't even commit to their current demands?

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. That makes the new "Fast Track Service" option they just announced a really bitter pill to swallow.

Seriously, it's annoying. I'm sure a lot of the regular people here who submit all the time are used to things being late, but why should we, as paying customers, tolerate this? Why can't I be notified that things are behind and why can't I be given a firm ETA? Why do I have to call in to find out?

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. That makes the new "Fast Track Service" option they just announced a really bitter pill to swallow.

OK, now I'm a little leary about the new concept. They could use poor service on normal tiers to promote paying the extra $8 for faster service.

OK, now I'm a little leary about the new concept. They could use poor service on normal tiers to promote paying the extra $8 for faster service.

That's how the Secretary of State has worked here in Ohio for years. New business entities take 2-3 weeks to get up and running UNLESS you expedite it with a sweet $100 additional fee. Then they go up within 2-3 days.

I broadcast a radio station on Live365.com. It's a free site, but they sell a VIP subscription which is commercial free. However, they don't sell advertising. Their "commercials" are just annoying 30 second ads with babies crying in the background, or other highly annoying sounds, that end with "If you paid for VIP service, you wouldn't have to hear this."

CGC will start answering customer complaints with, "If you had paid the $8 extra, you'd have your comic right now, instead of being on the phone asking where it is."

Just kidding, I LOVE CGC, and support this new venture (so far).

Or, Just call me "The Big O!"

Ohh Ohh Ohh! tongue.gif893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif Nice virtual OH! face. Maybe you can get Flee to do an animated .gif of the Crypt Keeper doing his Oh face. Although, based on what I've seen lately, you have the skills to do that yourself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or, Just call me "The Big O!"

Ohh Ohh Ohh! tongue.gif893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif Nice virtual OH! face. Maybe you can get Flee to do an animated .gif of the Crypt Keeper doing his Oh face. Although, based on what I've seen lately, you have the skills to do that yourself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not me. I just know how to steal great images. acclaim.gif