• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it me?

2 posts in this topic

This is the description from an auction of Superman 30 that I saw today:

" This issue of Superman #30 is in solid Very Good plus condition. This issue featured the very first appearance and origin tale of Mr. Mxyztplk! He's one of Superman's greatest enemies and that makes for a great story! This issue is extremely nice with great original cover gloss. Tight spine; nice off-white interior pages that feature no major rips or tears expect for a couple small ones on the back cover. It looks like it might have been trimmed at one time but I could be mistaken; it is quite possible that this issue was just slightly miscut.

This auction was from a dealer who has nearly 12000 feedbacks. I am not an expert on comic trimming but I wouldn't buy a raw comic from a major dealer who can't tell a miscut from a trim no matter what their starting price is.