• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best place to buy bags/boards for your Gold?

13 posts in this topic

OK Shield - I think you and I see eye to eye and have no issues. But I HAVE to say that the GA place is not the best place for this! Comics are comics - at least from BA back when cheap paper was used. There have been a ton of posts and many threads on this very topic. Bottom line? For consistent quality use Gerber or Bill Cole for mylars and acid-free boards.

(pardon my apparant scolding - but really! GA is not exclusive to bags and boards! I mean! Sheesh!) grin.gif

OK Shield - I think you and I see eye to eye and have no issues. But I HAVE to say that the GA place is not the best place for this! Comics are comics - at least from BA back when cheap paper was used. There have been a ton of posts and many threads on this very topic. Bottom line? For consistent quality use Gerber or Bill Cole for mylars and acid-free boards.

(pardon my apparant scolding - but really! GA is not exclusive to bags and boards! I mean! Sheesh!) grin.gif

Aw, c'mon, hall monitor! Shouldn't you be off somewhere READING some pdf's?

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

I actually knew starting this in GA would magically make you appear. So, so predictable.... grin.gif

I actually knew starting this in GA would magically make you appear. So, so predictable.... grin.gif

Why you! I outta' quote from the cover of PERFECT CRIME 18...

"No copper in skirts is gonna get me!"

"Your dope peddling days are over, Cokey!"

"Drop that knife you hopped-up rat!"

"He got me. I'm dying! Dy-ing!"

PS - have you seen that here n the forums yet? No fair Searching you hopped up rat! insane.gif27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

I get my mylars/boards from Gerber. Much, much cheaper than Bill Cole. However, I haven't gotten acid-free boxes. I store most of my more expensive "raw" books in Sentry document-sized fire safes, and many of my more expensive books are slabbed, so I just put them in magazine sized boxes.

Bill Cole is pricey and shipping is expensive, but the product is well worth it. Everything they make is top notch. Their thick Time X-Tender backing boards are the best. I'd recommend "double bagging" using Arklites (mylites) with a Time X-Tender backing board and slipping that into a mylar. Definitely Bill Cole over Gerber. In my experience, other than the mylars, I've been disappointed in the Gerber product. For example, I recently used some Mylites2 and later discovered that about half of them had a slit/opening at the bottom edge of the Mylite2. Also, I find their regular 1-mil mylites to be way too sticky.