• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderate Amateur Restoration

9 posts in this topic

I don't know. The "eat the kids" line kinda enhances the overall impact of the cover! 27_laughing.gif

I don't know. The "eat the kids" line kinda enhances the overall impact of the cover! 27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

When I first read the description of the book, I thought it said that the cover was patched with bubble gum 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't think that repair would have much effect on the value one way or another--it's a low grade book with or without the "restoration."

I would actually be more interested in it with the repair since I can just see some kid carefully fixing his comic with a piece taken from a bubble gum box smile.gif

I would actually be more interested in it with the repair since I can just see some kid carefully fixing his comic with a piece taken from a bubble gum box

That's what I'm thinking; It becomes more of a cultural artifact. The problem I have is dating the repair material. If the patch can be determined to date from the 1950s, it's a plus; if it's some kind of archival crud, well.... mad.gif