• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie News

24 posts in this topic

I just got my ET Weekly and there were a couple of things that are actually related to comics...as they've been doing that alot lately.

The Superman vs. Batman movie looks to be the first DC movie to make it onto the screen... 893applaud-thumb.gif.... .just no final details and no casting...

And the Elecktra movie is going to start filming next spring....no supporting cast yet, but Jennifer Garner is of course going to be the protaganist....

I still think Jennifer Garner was a very poor Elektra....she just doesn't look tough enough or ethnic enough to play a Greek woman. Bottom line is that she didn't work in the role, even though the whole film didn't work either of course.

It's sad that they have to cast big Hollywood stars in these movies for the most part. Like Halle Berry playing Storm which never worked at all. On the X-Men 1.5 DVD, there is some behind the scenes footage of some other actress/model in the Storm costume and it struck me hard how perfect she looked for the role. They could have gotten someone so much better than Halle Berry. but I guess Ms Berry puts asses in seats and that's what it is about. But I still think they could have saved the money they paid her and got someone who was better in the role and the films would have done just about as good.

Anyway, I doubt that Warners will do Superman vs Batman first, despite what that article says. Everything I've heard is that the Superman film is moving ahead with the Batman film behind it, and no team-up/vs. film is anywhere on the horizon.

I still think Jennifer Garner was a very poor Elektra....she just doesn't look tough enough or ethnic enough to play a Greek woman. Bottom line is that she didn't work in the role, even though the whole film didn't work either of course.

They actually pretended that she was still Greek? I would have thought they'd take one look at Jennifer Garner and quietly drop any hint of ethnicity from the character's background.

They actually pretended that she was still Greek?

Her family name was still "Natchios" (that's what the Kingpin called her father) and her father was portrayed as being European (presumably of Greek descent), so yes.

Gene

They actually pretended that she was still Greek?

Her family name was still "Natchios" (that's what the Kingpin called her father) and her father was portrayed as being European (presumably of Greek descent), so yes.

Gene

Well he did speak a few lines of Greek in the movie and the funeral Scene was doen the way a Greek orthodox Christian funeral would so yes she was Greek.

But you would need to be Grek orbe familair with Greek to have noticed it

I am not alone!!! cloud9.gif I've complained about Jennifer Garner playing Electra ever since I saw the first publicity photo. Everyone I've mentioned it to has had no problem with a blonde (or brown/blonde) woman playing a black-haired Greek woman.

The only logical choice would be the same one I would have for the Wonder Woman Movie...Catherine Z-Jones...she is the only woman big enuf to pull off the role.....But Hollywood in its infinite wisdom I'm sure will pick someone totally unbelievable,..like maybe Reese Witherspoon.

J.D.

My thoughts exactly. She is the reason I didn't see this one in the theatres. When I finally rented it, her performance was about what I expected. I was also underwelmed with Collin Farrell as Bullseye.

Didn't Hollywood learn anything from X-Men? Cast an unknown like Hugh Jackman, who is perfect for the part... do not just automatically cast the biggest name you can get.

This has to be said; Ben as Daredevil, Ewww; Jennifer as Elecktra, Snore; Michael Duncan as Kingpen, I'm sorry but in my comics this was always a big fat white guy. I saw the promos for the movie and decided they would not get my money. I refuse to even rent it. Looks like junk, I'd rather eat paint.

The only logical choice would be the same one I would have for the Wonder Woman Movie...Catherine Z-Jones...she is the only woman big enuf to pull off the role.....But Hollywood in its infinite wisdom I'm sure will pick someone totally unbelievable,..like maybe Reese Witherspoon.

J.D.

Nia Vardalos(sp)???

I was also underwelmed with Collin Farrell as Bullseye.

I actually thought that Colin Farrel was the best thing in Daredevil. He pulled of the wacked out insane criminal role perfectly. He also added some humour to the film and the scenes he was in were definately the most entertaining.

i beg to differ, i never thought or saw jennifer garner as a "HOTTIE" until i saw her as elektra natchios in the movie. the ABC TV show "alias"...NO, the movie with tom hanks and leonardo decaprio "catch me if you can"...NO, but in DD....YES! laugh.gif

I am not alone!!! I've complained about Jennifer Garner playing Electra ever since I saw the first publicity photo. Everyone I've mentioned it to has had no problem with a blonde (or brown/blonde) woman playing a black-haired Greek woman.

Well, I agree that she was miscast for the part, though it didn't really matter given how onerous the rest of the movie was. And hey, this is JENNIFER GARNER we're talking about here - as far as I'm concerned, I hope they miscast her in as many more movies as they want!! Ssssssssssssssssssssssssmokin'!! grin.gif

Gene