• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1.8????????????

26 posts in this topic

That Adventures of Superman 500 has got to be a typo. 893whatthe.gif

You are right, it is definatly a typo. One that I thought we got rid of a few years ago. 893frustrated.gif

Basically they were samples we did prior to opening back in October 1999. Some how they keep haunting us. 893censored-thumb.gifmad.gifsorry.gif

I submitted my Atomic Thunderbolt #1 with my free grading certificate. I am not going to sell it and really wanted to do something special since I am collecting all Golden-Age one shots. It is probably one of the best looking 1.8's around as what knocked it down is about a 5 inch spine split but is probably a Fine+ otherwise. But I can see someone slabbing a lower grade comic for more personal and not financial reasons.

I can see submitting a 1.8 like your book but to hit a 0.5 it must be pretty ragged - even with centerfold missin.

Tom

I submitted my Atomic Thunderbolt #1 with my free grading certificate. I am not going to sell it and really wanted to do something special since I am collecting all Golden-Age one shots. It is probably one of the best looking 1.8's around as what knocked it down is about a 5 inch spine split but is probably a Fine+ otherwise. But I can see someone slabbing a lower grade comic for more personal and not financial reasons.

I can see submitting a 1.8 like your book but to hit a 0.5 it must be pretty ragged - even with centerfold missin.

Tom

No, not with a centerfold or page missing. Those are, for all practical purposes, fatal flaws. It doesn't really matter how nice the rest of the book is if it's incomplete.

Excuse my ignorance but huh????

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2189523975&category=32739

Since when is 1.8 a grade???

You'll see a lot of 1.5 and 1.8 grades on some of the 60's key issues like Amazing Spider-Man #1, Amazing Fantasy #15, X-Men #1, etc. They're still worth some $$$ even in such low grades.