• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you seen this piece before?

10 posts in this topic

I think that maybe the art to card from one of the early (90's?) Marvel Card sets. Or maybe an overpower card. Either way it's pretty to look at.

Brian

That was a poster used to promote the Deadpool series. It's by Joe Mad.

Here's a link to the color piece for sale:

The guy who owns the site is a friend of mine - that's his personal collection.

From the fine print at the bottom of the screen: "Display of art in no way conveys that they are for sale."

Just FYI - in case someone was getting their hopes up over something they saw on the site.

That was a poster used to promote the Deadpool series. It's by Joe Mad.

Here's a link to the color piece for sale:

The guy who owns the site is a friend of mine - that's his personal collection.

From the fine print at the bottom of the screen: "Display of art in no way conveys that they are for sale."

Just FYI - in case someone was getting their hopes up over something they saw on the site.

Yeah, it's an interesting dichotomy. Right above the images it says "Click on the piece you are most interested in" which sort of does imply that they are for sale. confused-smiley-013.gif

But anyway, I hope this helped to shed light on the piece originally queried about.

--Steve

Thanks for the information guys. I just bought it on Ebay last night. I believe it is the original that you were talking about, but we'll see. I paid more than I really wanted to but if it is the original and it is as big as it is described, then I really don't care. Here is the link to the auction. What do you guys think, did I get taken?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the information guys. I just bought it on Ebay last night. I believe it is the original that you were talking about, but we'll see. I paid more than I really wanted to but if it is the original and it is as big as it is described, then I really don't care. Here is the link to the auction. What do you guys think, did I get taken?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know if it's real or not but SWEET JESUS DO NOT LET HIM PUT IT IN A MAILING TUBE. It should be mailed flat. Is it real? I've seen wet art, it doesn't really run... and the image isn't exactly the same as the poster, the poster has more art, not less...

yeah I saw that auction too. I didn't clue it in with this thread as I was just browsing ebay. If that is indeed the original for the trading card art, you got a sweet deal. My concern is, it is a original, but it could be a lesser name artists that drew it for practice, maybe even copying the trading card, not that I want to put a damper on your purchase, I do hope its the real thing and you got a steal.

Malvin

Yeah if it's the real deal I'd say you got it for a steal. The item location is only about 40 minutes from me. It's weird where artwork pops up from.

Let us know when you get it.