• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 12

Choose next comic to leave list  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Choose next comic to leave list

70 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #1 has been chosen to depart this list. So, we're down to 9 comics left. Choose the next book to leave the list.

Until Tuesday night around 8:30 pm...

I went with TOS #39 and Iron Man. I know he's getting the big screen showcase next year, but I feel the SA Green Lantern is just a bit higher on the pecking order. I was torn between Iron Man & the JIM #83 & Thor. But I've always liked the early Thor stories better than early Iron Man ones. Plus, Thor has a better Rogues Gallery than Iron Man. 27_laughing.gif

Oh, and this list from Overstreet is based on value. So, I don't really buy the argument "Which book you'd rather own" because I'd be torn between the AF #15 & Showcase #4. 27_laughing.gif

It's tougher now because I truly like every character involved.

Great cover, great book, but GL is now the weakest link. TOS 39 is a candidate, but there aren't any GL movies in the pipeline. Yes, he did have that sci-fi aspect to his backstory, which made him considerably different to his GA predecessor, but it isn't enough.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 has been chosen to depart this list.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

But now my automatic choice for this entire competition has been taken from me. Who to choose, who to choose? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TOS 39 is a candidate, but there aren't any GL movies in the pipeline.

Let me get this straight, Andy, we're now voting based on whether some bozo in Hollywood decides to make a movie or not? screwy.gif

Call me a hidebound traditionalist if you will, but I think I will continue to vote on the basis of historical significance. sumo.gif

Iron Man for me. Couldn't hold his own book in the early days (had to share with Cap after initially being the main feature), up and down ever since in terms of quality. A second tier Marvel character, imo.

Has to be that Lantern fellow.............

.........hasn't it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Andy