• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again...another Action #1

56 posts in this topic

What the 893censored-thumb.gif??? The seller has a 100% feedback record (973 unique positives) and he's trying to pull this 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif? What is wrong with these people...

Gene

Can't trust those Kiwis! blush.gif

What the 893censored-thumb.gif??? The seller has a 100% feedback record (973 unique positives) and he's trying to pull this 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif? What is wrong with these people...

Gene

I am not sure he knows what he is selling - he does not sell comics. I sent him this email :

Hello -

I just wanted to let you know that the Action Comics #1 you have on eBay is a reprint. I am very familiar with comics and can unequivocally say this is the reprint issue from 1974. In the condition that it is in, it is worth less then $4. I would suggest you change or cancel your auction immediately before you jeopardize your perfect feedback.

Sincerely,

Tom Kelly

We will see what happens.

Tom

What is it in his auction that makes you guys think that he thinks he is selling the 1st appearance of Superman?(what a terrible sentence tongue.gif)

Hmmm, could be the title? ACTION COMIC # 1 1938 SUPERMAN

Now tell me, was that comic book printed in 1938? Did you note all the payment options, and $12 shipping quote? Think someone would go to that trouble for a reprint? Note that it's up over $50 now...which some schmuck is out there hoping for a score.