• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again...another Action #1

56 posts in this topic

"...which some schmuck is out there hoping for a score."

And the problem is....? confused.gif

Bah...screw these rookies. Teach them a lesson for bidding on something that they know nothing about! mad.gif

Bah...screw these rookies. Teach them a lesson for bidding on something that they know nothing about! mad.gif

It says that the book is 13 3/4" by 10" in the description.....

The buyer should get a clue. crazy.gif

Yep...I can understand trying to help some of the more sophisticated scams but there must be a limit to what we can do.

If people think that they are really getting a great day, they need a reality check! sumo.gif

Yep...I can understand trying to help some of the more sophisticated scams but there must be a limit to what we can do.

If people think that they are really getting a great day, they need a reality check! sumo.gif

Do you mean "deal"? confused.gif

Do you mean "deal"? confused.gif

Boy...I have been twarted twice by you. Sigh..I need to rest but I just woke up from a nap! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, he did add the size about an hour and 20 minutes after he posted the auction.

Here's a thought? Why not say "It's a reprint"? Is it worth going to hell over? Totally wrong, and that big of a fraud isn't worth a couple of hundred bucks.

So, if you approve of this, you mean you'd do the same thing (Greggy/Beyonder)?

I'm not trying to save the world and right every wrong, but c'mon.

Well, he did add the size about an hour and 20 minutes after he posted the auction.

Here's a thought? Why not say "It's a reprint"? Is it worth going to hell over? Totally wrong, and that big of a fraud isn't worth a couple of hundred bucks.

I think the auction sucks, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's not the real thing....

The book had a starting bid of $9.90 with no reserve. Nowhere in that auction does the seller claim that this book is the 1st appearance of Superman.

What makes you think that the seller is intentionally trying to rip someone off?

The problems is that you are assuming that he is trying to commit a fraud. This guy doesn't usually sell comic books plus he started it at a low starting bid with no reserve.

It would be like me trying to sell some reprints of some expensive sports cards because I have no clue about the existence of them. Sure..knowledgeable people would be aware of it but it doesn't mean that I am tryin to scam them

Also, just checked my reprint. The only mentioned that it is a reprint is on the cardboard outer cover. You made the assumption right off the bat that the outer cover was taken off and roughed up to make it seen legit. Perhaps the seller bought it in a big lot and doesn't know what they are selling?

Sorry but the bidders have to take some responsibility. If they are ignorant of an obvious reprint, are we supposed to bail them out all the time? confused-smiley-013.gif

The problems is that you are assuming that he is trying to commit a fraud. This guy doesn't usually sell comic books plus he started it at a low starting bid with no reserve.

It would be like me trying to sell some reprints of some expensive sports cards because I have no clue about the existence of them. Sure..knowledgeable people would be aware of it but it doesn't mean that I am tryin to scam them

Also, just checked my reprint. The only mentioned that it is a reprint is on the cardboard outer cover. You made the assumption right off the bat that the outer cover was taken off and roughed up to make it seen legit. Perhaps the seller bought it in a big lot and doesn't know what they are selling?

Sorry but the bidders have to take some responsibility. If they are ignorant of an obvious reprint, are we supposed to bail them out all the time? confused-smiley-013.gif

Didn't I just say all that? makepoint.gif

Hey...I had to check my copy and was in the middle of making a reply. I did not read your answer so back off! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey...I had to check my copy and was in the middle of making a reply. I did not read your answer so back off! 893naughty-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

If they are ignorant of an obvious reprint, are we supposed to bail them out all the time? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes! Haven't you ever heard of "retards helping retards"? 893naughty-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sorry...but can't go around helping everyone if they can't help themselves!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sorry...but can't go around helping everyone if they can't help themselves!

Yes you can. You are the Forum Legend........ insane.gif

Yeah..but I pick and choose who I want to help! insane.gif