• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 129...

14 posts in this topic

Okay...I just received this...and it is a really nice copy...but curious about the spine...here is a pic...

asm129.jpg

Toward the bottom staple are some minor stress lines and a 'crinkle' around the staple...it is not terrible, but noticable.

So, if everything else is tight, how much would this knock down a grade?

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

Your scan is cropped and we need to see the back cover - then we can grade it. The question is not, "How much do we knock down for this and that?" We grade the book, the whole book, and nothing but the book. grin.gif

For some reason, my scanner is really bad lately, and the scan of this book looks terrible, and not sure why it's doing this cropping thing...the colors are bright and vivid, corners are sharp, this is a really nice book. Here is the back cover...

asm129back.jpg

And here is a smaller pic in bag...

578e_1.JPG

I will get better photos up tomorrow to make it easier to grade

Yeah... the picture cropping is throwing me off a little bit, but based on what I see it's a nice looking book you have there. Due to the spine stress (fortunately, they don't look to break the color), and the lower left corner, I'm leaning towards a 7.5 maybe 8.0. It looked like a little discoloration in the upper left corner of the back cover, but not sure. If that's just the scanner (or my screen), then I think 8.0 isn't out of reach.

Looks around F+ confused-smiley-013.gif

Good prospect for pressing...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Whay do you even say sh*t like this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif You're leading the young ones astray.

sorry.gif

6.5-7.0, i have a 7.5 and it looks better than this copy. but that is a solid looking copy. the staples on this book are tough, i have had 3 copies of this book and 2 out of the 3 had staple pulls. almost like a spine roll create at the time of printing.