• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.0-10.0 Thread

40 posts in this topic

We may need larger scans. I can't see the differences between the 9.4 and the 9.8. The thread isn't to prove you own the comic, but for us to see the tiny flaws that separate a 9.4 from a 9.8.

We may need larger scans. I can't see the differences between the 9.4 and the 9.8. The thread isn't to prove you own the comic, but for us to see the tiny flaws that separate a 9.4 from a 9.8.

A lot of flaws can't be seen or determined through a scan such as small stress marks on a white cover or dents in a cover.

Unless you poses some kind of ESP or ultravision, there is no way in hell you are going to determine the difference between 9.4 - 9.8 based on scans alone (shrug)

Unless you poses some kind of ESP or ultravision, there is no way in hell you are going to determine the difference between 9.4 - 9.8 based on scans alone (shrug)

So what's the point of this thread? (shrug)

I think I can see the slightly blunted corner, or the tiny spine line that drops a 9.8 to a 9.4. Not in a pic 450 pixels wide. But in the ASM 42 scan, I think I see a flaw on the bottom left corner. Am I right? Would be easier to see in an 800 pixel wide pic.

It's basically impossible to distinguish anything above 9.2 from a scan IMO....

Doubly so if they're slabbed....

That was my point from the get-go . . . :makepoint:

I thought it would be a better idea than the OS Grading Guide, which you can't see ANY flaws. Do you think this thread would be useful for grades <9.2?

yeah i was goanna say......

all i've learned so far is that the diference between 9.4 and 9.8

might just be the grader.

That was my point from the get-go . . . :makepoint:

I thought it would be a better idea than the OS Grading Guide, which you can't see ANY flaws. Do you think this thread would be useful for grades <9.2?

Well, it may be useful if the entries were vetted first. Scans of slabbed books are virtually useless, and photos are even worse.

What you need is HR scans of the books before they were submitted. :sumo:

yeah i was goanna say......

all i've learned so far is that the diference between 9.4 and 9.8

might just be the grader.

Really? In person, I can tell why a 9.4 didn't get a 9.8. Maybe my young (32) eyes are better than most. From what I've seen, 9.8's are almost perfect, with just the slightest blemish. Maybe a dot on a corner the size of the period at the end of this sentence. A 9.4 or even 9.6 has a larger flaw. Maybe the size of this I.

Well... I know I was posting raw images in the other threads, but I was including detailed notes as to why it had the grade I gave it. Maybe if people included their graders' notes in addition to the scans it would provide more use? (shrug)