• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8.0 & 8.5 thread

10 posts in this topic

Post your CGC-graded 8.0's & 8.5's here. The purpose of this thread is to serve as a repository of high-res scans of CGC-graded comics within a given range. Hopefully, seeing comics with the same CGC grade over and over will train us to be able to eyeball grades more accurately. It will also be a great grading reference when grading your own comics. PhotoBucket thumbnails are preferred.

8.5 Very Fine+

This book's only significant defects are the spine stresses along the back cover that break the color. I arrived at this grade from both comparing it to a 8.0 copy a friend of mine owns, as well as general assessments in the grading forum.

ASM300-Front.jpg

ASM300-Back-1.jpg

That copy has a helluva lotta color breaks to even be an 8.5. I'D grade it no higher than a 7.5 or an 8.0

8.5 Very Fine+

This book's only significant defects are the spine stresses along the back cover that break the color. I arrived at this grade from both comparing it to a 8.0 copy a friend of mine owns, as well as general assessments in the grading forum.

ASM300-Front.jpg

ASM300-Back-1.jpg

That copy has a helluva lotta color breaks to even be an 8.5. I'D grade it no higher than a 7.5 or an 8.0

Got one in similar shape for sale? I'd buy an issue like the one presented at 7.5 prices all day long!

John confused-smiley-013.gif