• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers 31 Electra reveal page.

17 posts in this topic

Cool page. God knows how many other skrulls are on the other two pages...

Which raises an interesting question -- if it were revealed that certain characters were skrulls for an extended period of time, does that make OA with their images less desirable? (I would use a devil here but I don't know where it is!!)

Which raises an interesting question -- if it were revealed that certain characters were skrulls for an extended period of time, does that make OA with their images less desirable? (I would use a devil here but I don't know where it is!!)

All boils down to personal preference.

Are you buying the page for the image or the story told on it, or a little from "A" and a little from "B"?

If an entire issue was put out with fantastic pages of the main character who in the next issue turned out to be someone else would it matter? Not to me.

Is the cover to Marvel Knights 4 #17 a Doctor Doom cover even though it is only a picture of a poster of Doctor Doom and not him "in person"? It does show The Human Torch's hand though, so is it a Torch cover? ludicrousness :(

Yeah, it depends on personal preference for a single person. But when it comes to overall desirability, for, let's say, an Iron Man splash from Civil War, you'd have to take all the people that initially wanted the page, at say, $1000, then deduct the number of folks who no longer want the page at that price if Tony Stark was a skrull, adding folks who want the page MORE if he's a skrull. Big picture, we're talking about retconned pages, not pages that always were what they were. (a poster of Doom, etc.)

Hopefully for the person wanting to sell the splash in this fictional example, SOMEbody still wants the splash at the initial $1000. ;)

Again, this is about nostalgia, not art. Try explaining to a comic art investor why their carefully selected Civil War pages dropped in value 50% because some of the characters involved were actually skrulls. HAH!!

Did I sound skrully there?

I've spoken with an avid Spider-Woman collector and he said that if it was true that she is a Skrull (Jury still out on this) then all of his New Avengers pages with her in them would be "tainted" and he would probably get rid of all of them.

I kind of agree with the previous posts, if it looks like the hero then it's still good IMHO.

Good example would be FF 250 where they battle Skrulls posing as X-men. I'm sure you wouldn't find an avid Byrne X-men collector saying, "Naw they're just Skrulls so I'll pass!" They would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Again, this is about nostalgia, not art. Try explaining to a comic art investor why their carefully selected Civil War pages dropped in value 50% because some of the characters involved were actually skrulls. HAH!!

Is it nostaglia for the $1000 or nostalgia for the storyline. 50% decrease in percieved value won't affect my feeling for any story

Ok, so wouldn't the value in my piece be the fact that she is a Skrull? The fact that it is a reveal page?

Your page is awesome either way, cause it's a skrull reveal page and the launch of a big storyline! Congrats!! (clapping icon if I could find it)

Is it nostaglia for the $1000 or nostalgia for the storyline. 50% decrease in percieved value won't affect my feeling for any story

That's the question -- did person A buy the page cause they love Iron Man, or because they loved the idea of Civil War's main attraction Iron Man v. Cap, or because of the story of Civil War? And does the story of Civil War lose all it's meaning if it was engineered by skrulls!? I'm just posing skrully questions here... ;)

NIce page, very cool.

Which raises an interesting question -- if it were revealed that certain characters were skrulls for an extended period of time, does that make OA with their images less desirable?

Nah, as nothing that happens in Moderns these days matters in the least. Too few readers, too few kids, too little influence. What used to be mainstream has gone niche, and it's all one big What If? universe now anyway.

Just check out prices on ASM 122 - if any collector gave a rat's butt that Modern hacks exhumed Norman's corpse, the book's value would tumble.

Instead, we BA collectors just laugh at the stupidity of Modern hack retcons and keep on buying these issues as if nothing had happened.

I've spoken with an avid Spider-Woman collector and he said that if it was true that she is a Skrull (Jury still out on this) then all of his New Avengers pages with her in them would be "tainted" and he would probably get rid of all of them.

See...this I don't get, because the drawn art still depicts Spider-Woman, no matter who she turns out to be later.