• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

This blows Fugnuts. Is nothing sacred? Take a great thing and make into a mess. Colours are brutal, layout is not very appealing. The main reason I NEVER EVER went to another chat forum was because of how logical and user friendly this place was. It was brilliant. The graemlins were top notch, visually it was easy to analyze. Now? Feel like I'm on shrooms.

100% agree. This place feels just like every other chat room now. Good job in up my favorite site!

It used to be that in a quick glance you could basically get all the info you needed...new topics, new posts, etc. Now you need to take in so many more details before you make a decision as to how you are going to proceed. It's not lite and fun anymore. It work. And I'm pretty sure that even after getting used to it, it'll still be work.

R.

Woah!!!!

What the happened there???

Everything's changed again...

It's getting better.

By next week all should be fine! :wishluck:

Font is a little large now.

10 was a little too small and now it's like 16.

Try 12. :whisper:

One of my fave features that made the CGC site truly fun was the fact you could upload small images and have them stay resident. Other forums just had the old "red X" everywhere, as no one member images forever, while on the CGC forums you could still see a specific cover or image.

from Arch

"Ok. New boards are up. Here are some various issues.

* Graemlins will come back. Don't be sad. \:\(

* I have attempted to incease the font size in the style sheet... and exploded it. So we'll be fixing that tomorrow, and probably adjusting some font size and color contrast. Get a paper bag and breathe into it if you are hyper ventilating.

* We will probably add some other style sheet options. If your favorite color is baby blue and you miss it dearly, I'm sure you will live for the moment.

* Your PM in box is under the "My Stuff" menu. If you have IE6 you may be seeing a problem with the board-jump drop down hiding part of your menu. Firefox, or IE7 will fix this, but we'll be looking at moving it to stay compatible with those who don't believe in ever upgrading their software...

* The new PM functions are cool. Yes, they are. You will get used to it, and you will thank us later. Well, no you'll probably just get used to it and quietly enjoy it without thanking us. But it's ok,we know you care.

* The "Who's online" page will get its menu item back. I will put a link at the end of this post to it for your voyeuristic enjoyment.

* Other little tweaks will come up. Try to hold on to your sanity while we struggle through these soul-trying times.

"

Slowly getting better... I'm sure by next week we'll all be

happily arguing like nothing even happened.

The aesthetic changes may only take a bit of time to acclimate, but the loss of features like polls, image uploads, emoticons, sort by thread/posts/poster/etc., and few other things, are far more troubling.

I actually don't mind it now. They just need a feature that highlights the topics that haven't been read. Hard to see if the folder is closed or not.

Polls, graemlins and the image upload feature need to be back too, but looks like that will happen soon.

• Administrator
Slowly getting better... I'm sure by next week we'll all be

happily arguing like nothing even happened.

The aesthetic changes may only take a bit of time to acclimate, but the loss of features like polls, image uploads, emoticons, sort by thread/posts/poster/etc., and few other things, are far more troubling.

These features are not lost.

I agree with the others the old look was a feeling of home. This place has no comfort anymore. :shrug:

I haven't been following the forum for a bit - does anyone know why this was done? The old forums rocked, and was possibly the most seamless piece of online software I've seen.

Using it was like slicing butter with a hot knife.

Your PM in box is under the "My Stuff" menu. If you have IE6 you may be seeing a problem with the board-jump drop down hiding part of your menu. Firefox, or IE7 will fix this, but we'll be looking at moving it to stay compatible with those who don't believe in ever upgrading their software...

I never upgrade. Just buy a new PC. lol

Summer clearance sales rule!

I got mine under $300 with DX10, IE7, and all the latest readers and multi-media.

:banana:

I agree with the others the old look was a feeling of home. This place has no comfort anymore. :shrug:

I haven't been following the forum for a bit - does anyone know why this was done? The old forums rocked, and was possibly the most seamless piece of online software I've seen.

Using it was like slicing butter with a hot knife.

Not sure why it was done, but now I can go spend more time working on a project I been thinking about.

Note to Silvers (aka Butters) Heres your chance to make a forum and get plenty of people to join up. Just make it like the one that was just thrown away. :clap:

I'm all for change, but DUDES!!!

I feel a little violated. It's like a bland, beige ghost of its former self.

Please bring the sexy back. I know there will be new features, but this new look is horrible.

Shep

OK. How about some constructive critism, Arch? Don't mean to be un-appreciative but I though my computer was broken when i first logged in. I understand it's still under construction...a few ideas...

1) Font size for thread titles need to be larger than anything else on the page so that our attention is drawn to them.

2) Font size for our Member names need to be larger. Currently the same size as our post font.

3) Font size for posts is ok for now.

4) The site looks VERY busy right now. Tough for a Virgo like me to focus. I'm all over the place. Probably has a lot to do with colour and font size, but also with the amount of LINES that I have to deal with. LINES LINES AND MORE LINES! In your goal to make the site to look more professional and eye appealing by dividing everything up, I find all these criss crossing lines to be annoying as I anylize the landscape. Simple is always best.

5) Don't like the new quote feature. At all. It's kind of like reading a book vs. reading a web page. A book will always be more appealing to the eye where you can see the whole page at once rather than scrolling. Just can't love it and never will.

6) :leaving a spot here for something else once it comes to me:

7) Can Greggy's name have a different colour than everyone else's? I'm pretty sure he's more powerful than you. :baiting: