• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

Slowly getting better... I'm sure by next week we'll all be

happily arguing like nothing even happened.

The aesthetic changes may only take a bit of time to acclimate, but the loss of features like polls, image uploads, emoticons, sort by thread/posts/poster/etc., and few other things, are far more troubling.

These features are not lost.

I don't see a poll manager. :crazy:

• Administrator

4) The site looks VERY busy right now. Tough for a Virgo like me to focus. I'm all over the place. Probably has a lot to do with colour and font size, but also with the amount of LINES that I have to deal with. LINES LINES AND MORE *spoon* LINES! In your goal to make the site to look more professional and eye appealing by dividing everything up, I find all these criss crossing lines to be annoying as I anylize the landscape. Simple is always best.

This is due to the fact that I imploded the style sheet. The new one was nice, eliminiated alot of visual clutter, but was a bit weak on color contrast and had the fonts too small.

Right now, it's just a mess.

Other than the image upload functionality, the feature I miss most is the topic list that would highlight the "new posts" and allow you to seamless parse through them.

Now, you've got to focus your eyes on the FAR RIGHT, look for some tiny red numbers, then align that back to the topic on the left. Talk about reinventing the wheel - I've got 20/20 vision on a 24" monitor, and it's still irritating.

5) Don't like the new quote feature. At all. It's kind of like reading a book vs. reading a web page. A book will always be more appealing to the eye where you can see the whole page at once rather than scrolling. Just can't love it and never will.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what I find more annoying...

the Ever Shrinking Quote box, the out of place advertisement or the fact that I now have to re-ignore the various people I had on ignore before.

This is visually unappealing.

I feel like I've been gone to camp and when I got back, my mom had thrown out all my stuff.

Did we really need to change the look? Functionality, speed, error handling - I can see upgrading those, but man, this place is too... new-looking.

5) Don't like the new quote feature. At all. It's kind of like reading a book vs. reading a web page. A book will always be more appealing to the eye where you can see the whole page at once rather than scrolling. Just can't love it and never will.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DITTO TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially quotes with embedded images.

Also, are or will old posts be editable and/or deletable?

seriously...do you guys really think breaking up the thread with the advert like that is going to make somebody go 'omgwtfbbq an advert I'd never have clicked on before but now I must absolutely check this out so you get the clickthru'?

sorry...i'll go away a bit. see what it's like tomorrow and mess around with the style sheets if they're available then. see if I can make this more palatable.

Can someone send me a PM? I need to see if I am over my limit.

You're ovah sucka!!

I have 950 pages of PMs. It's seriously going to take me 30 minutes to delete enough to the point where I can get more. Can Arch just dump everything in my box?

This sucks!

where do I change my signature at???

My Stuff - My Profile

Ahh I have the same problem as someone else I need to update my IE becasue I dont have the profile line in my stuff. :pullhair:

See ya all in a few days, maybe :sumo:

Well I'm running IE 6 on this PC and I can get to it and update it.

EDIT: I just figured out why - I'm running at 1920x1200 on a 24" LCD, so due to the extra real estate, the bug never affects me.

I shrunk my screen down and see what you're talkng about.