• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

2) Can we possibly get "more" advertisements between the first post and the first following post? I recommend 17 :yeahok-graemlin Something tells me this was the REAL reason for such an undesired change.

You're opening up a can of worms there, Mic.

Have to say it's my least favorite change, but this is a commercial website, so there it is....

1) New graemlins suck

2) Can we possibly get "more" advertisements between the first post and the first following post? I recommend 17 :yeahok-graemlin Something tells me this was the REAL reason for such an undesired change. This place was looking a whole lot nicer and had a friendlier feel to it until this lousy change.

3) SCROLLING in quote boxes is putrid.

4) It sure is wonderful to now have advertisements on each page including this POSTreply page I'm using to type this.

5) colors. More than half the collectors here freak out over any book that doesn't have white pages.... so why would any of them like these colors?

****Helpful tip. Next time create a sample forum and have some people that have a good eye for detail (I can't quite think of anybody at the moment....hm....) kick the tires before it is unleashed.

Can somebody tell me how to, when I open the site, have all the forums show, not just the very top level? Thanks.

BTW, these colors suck.

Well I wanted to display an image of the screen which indicates that I am offline.

But I don't know how to do that yet. Wonderful. Now I'll have to ask around like a newbie.

The image was to convey my bewilderment on why it says I'm offline. I could have sworn I was online. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe it's a hint that I should get offline. Maybe I should.

On the quote thing...if the IFRAME can be expanded or be dynamic as to eliminate the need for scrolling, that might be better...maybe the thought was to keep the posts from going on and on forever (like during quote wars)

it's not an iframe. read my post above.

the CSS needs some major tweaknage, which i know they already know

2) Can we possibly get "more" advertisements between the first post and the first following post? I recommend 17 :yeahok-graemlin Something tells me this was the REAL reason for such an undesired change.

Have to say it's my least favorite change, but this is a commercial website, so there it is....

It's on every freaking page. It's now between yours and Donuts post. ::::FREAKIN HEAD SMACK GRAEMLIN:

I eagerly await the next upgrade. Hopefully the advertisements will get BIGGER

4) It sure is wonderful to now have advertisements on each page including this POSTreply page I'm using to type this.

Let's not forget that CGC provides this forum for free. I don't begrudge them making a few bucks on advertising.

As long as there aren't annoying pop-ups (like any news or sports site), frankly I think we can live with a few banner ads.

why the need to change nearly everything about the boards? Was there any percieved problems with the color? The font? Etc, Etc.?
We have to have ads all over the FREAKIN place.

THAT'S WHY.

1) New graemlins suck

More are coming... :crazy:

2) Can we possibly get "more" advertisements between the first post and the first following post? I recommend 17 :yeahok-graemlin Something tells me this was the REAL reason for such an undesired change. This place was looking a whole lot nicer and had a friendlier feel to it until this lousy change.

Whiner...

:sick:

Anti-Capitolist!!!...

5) colors. More than half the collectors here freak out over any book that doesn't have white pages.... so why would any of them like these colors?

"It's full of Stars"... :tired:

****Helpful tip. Next time create a sample forum and have some people that have a good eye for detail (I can't quite think of anybody at the moment....hm....) kick the tires before it is unleashed.

This [font:Arial Black] [/font] IS the sample forum... :P

1) New graemlins suck

Can somebody tell me how to, when I open the site, have all the forums show, not just the very top level? Thanks.

BTW, these colors suck.

Go to "CGC" in the drop down menu...

It's on every freaking page. It's now between yours and Donuts post. ::::FREAKIN HEAD SMACK GRAEMLIN:

I eagerly await the next upgrade. Hopefully the advertisements will get BIGGER

Ya, I'm hoping with the next tweak, they can manage to add an advertisement between every post on every page. I'm just so afraid I might miss one this way. I mean, jeez, I never even noticed them when the were inconveniently located at the top of evey page before. (insert sarcastic graemlin)

you guys person_without_enough_empathying about ads - i'm especially looking at the hirsuite midwesterner - need to download Firefox and install the AdBlockPlus extension.

i don't see any ads.

(shrug)

Let's not forget that CGC provides this forum for free.

And many of the posters here are what makes the place rock. And the discussions, Cover Scans, and knowledge is what draws numbers of lurkers to this place.

There's a reason people want to view these forums. And it certainly isn't the ASK CGC forum or some obscure Announcements page.

Well I wanted to display an image of the screen which indicates that I am offline.

But I don't know how to do that yet. Wonderful. Now I'll have to ask around like a newbie.

The image was to convey my bewilderment on why it says I'm offline. I could have sworn I was online. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe it's a hint that I should get offline. Maybe I should.

You change it in MY STUFF> My Preferences..Almost all the way to the bottom.

Show I'm online or somethiung like that.

There ya go noob :baiting:

Just checked its at the bottom the option to Hide from whos online. Click NO and you will show your online.

you guys person_without_enough_empathying about ads - i'm especially looking at the hirsuite midwesterner - need to download Firefox and install the AdBlockPlus extension.

i don't see any ads.

(shrug)

Maybe instructions about using Firefox could be included in the FAQ page.

Let's not forget that CGC provides this forum for free. I don't begrudge them making a few bucks on advertising.

As long as there aren't annoying pop-ups (like any news or sports site), frankly I think we can live with a few banner ads.

I could live with the banners better if they didn't stick them between posts. Oh, and the pop-ups will probably come during the next upgrade...then someone will come on here and say, "Let's not forget that CGC provides,,,yada, yada" (insert little dude poking other little dude with a stick)

There definitely needs to be a more pronounced appearance to those threads where new posts remain unread. The present look is very difficult to discern.

I personally like BOLDING the thread as opposed to having a LIGHTER color...counter intuitive imho.