• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

Guys,

I can't even describe how disappointed I am. A few days ago, I posted a message about how much I loved these boards, and what they have meant for my collecting. And now, this kick in the balls.

I find this new environment so sterile and univiting (not to mention harder to navigate) that I'm considering taking a looooong vacation from it.

Whoever built this... it's not to late to admit it's gone wrong and change it back! Just think of NEW COKE!!!

Shep

As stated before, I had no speed issues either. Site worked fine for me.

The new look I will get used to but there are a coupla things now I have issues with:

1. My PMs are all lumped into one section, I liked the sent/received divided up better. Is there a limit now also?

2. Can't tell who is replying to who?

3. I only upload scans here, now I can't anymore or will this be implimented?

OK figured this one out! :)

4. Scrolling quotes aren't too bad if you only had to scroll up/down but side to side is just *spoon*!

5. As stated already, hard to see new posts.

Anybody have any quick answers on these points to set me straight?

Thanks

41019-Panel08.jpg.2ce4923d1f98dcb13e30fcc2a2195659.jpg

Well guys, until things get smoothed out over here you're more than welcome to sign up on my forums and post. It's the same software this board used 3 days ago, so you should feel right at home.

http://www.goldcomics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Shawn

Is it me Shawn or is that a bad link? Might just be my work puter blocking it. (insert shrugging gremlin)

Well guys, until things get smoothed out over here you're more than welcome to sign up on my forums and post. It's the same software this board used 3 days ago, so you should feel right at home.

Shawn

Is it me Shawn or is that a bad link? Might just be my work puter blocking it. (insert shrugging gremlin)

Just go to www.goldcomics.com and click on the logo at the top left. That should work for you as well.

Shawn

It worked when i clicked it.

Shawn

Just go to www.goldcomics.com and click on the logo at the top left. That should work for you as well.

Yea, My work puter is upset with this change it wont even surf the net right now. (insert frustrated gremlin here) I will sign up when I get home. These colors are depressing. Going to look for a tall tree and rope now.

I gotta be honest, I'm having a hard time getting adjusted to the new format. I'm sure the reasons for updating were valid and justified, but I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

Anyway, still a hearty thanks to the Collectors Society for hosting these boards and to Arch and the rest of the mods for all their hard work in designing, implementing, and migrating to the new boards...your hard work is appreciated.

I gotta be honest, I'm having a hard time getting adjusted to the new format. I'm sure the reasons for updating were valid and justified, but I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

Anyway, still a hearty thanks to the Collectors Society for hosting these boards and to Arch and the rest of the mods for all their hard work in designing, implementing, and migrating to the new boards...your hard work is appreciated.

(insert butt kissing gremlin here) (insert baiting gremlin here)

you guys person_without_enough_empathying about ads - i'm especially looking at the hirsuite midwesterner - need to download Firefox and install the AdBlockPlus extension.

i don't see any ads.

(shrug)

Likewise! :P

Maybe instructions about using Firefox could be included in the FAQ page.

what's to instruct?

go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

download firefox.

run the .exe file.

go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

click Install now.

figure it out from there. you're a bright guy, i knows you can dooo it

you guys person_without_enough_empathying about ads - i'm especially looking at the hirsuite midwesterner - need to download Firefox and install the AdBlockPlus extension.

i don't see any ads.

(shrug)

Likewise! :P

No ads for me either! :/

• Administrator

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

;):whistle:

(insert butt kissing gremlin here) (insert baiting gremlin here)

(insert middle finger gremlin here) :P j/k.

Yeah, okay, I'm trying to make something positive of a bad situation, because I really don't care for the new format. Just what the hell are the scroll bars around the quotes for? Visually distracting and clumsy. Anyway..... :crazy:

Arch....where is my mailbox??? There are messages in there I need to retrieve and it is nowhere to be found.....and no it is not under the "My Stuff" tab.... The "My Messages" option is missing.....or hidden by the drop down box.

Scott

I can't seem to find the PM link - where is that?
Under "My Stuff" - "My messages"

I don't have that link in the "My Stuff" post. I've got 1000s of PMs. Argh.

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

;):whistle:

Well, it would be...if there was a decent graemlin for it.