• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 14 Retro

112 posts in this topic

Journey Into Mystery 83. I've been voting for it for a while. Lame character, and Stan spelled his name wrong in the last panel. :grin:

Well it's not like Stan was the letterer :baiting:

Although not catching that in editing is :insane:

C

Even though im a Marvel fan I cant vote for B & B 28 this round ...

JIM 83

Et tu, MutantKeys?

Without some type of anonymous voting mechanism, you'll always get this type of "mob mentality", where people read the thread, figure out what comic is getting hammered and then pile on "the winning team".

Check out the moment Thor overtook B&B 28 - it was pile-on city.

Even though im a Marvel fan I cant vote for B & B 28 this round ...

JIM 83

Et tu, MutantKeys?

Without some type of anonymous voting mechanism, you'll always get this type of "mob mentality", where people read the thread, figure out what comic is getting hammered and then pile on "the winning team".

Check out the moment Thor overtook B&B 28 - it was pile-on city.

Part of the pile on mentality though, JC, is based upon the concept that one wants one's vote to count. I, for example, believe that Hulk 1 and JIM 83 are the best candidates for vote off. I think Hulk 1 is a better choice for being the first of a very short lived series. But that vote ends up being inconsequential and puts BB28, a book I think deserves serious props for top 4 candidacy, at risk. So it's not so much piling on as it is casting a vote that means something, IMO, of course.

I've got to go with X-men #1, because it was relatively weak at the time, and unrelated to the book's later revival.

Am I the only one who thinks Thor is a very cool character? hm