• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Consignment?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I was thinking of perhaps selling a couple of books through one of Heritage Comics' auctions and was wondering if anyone has sold books this way. What percentage do they take when the book sells and can you set a minimum bid on the book? I know I could probably call them and get some of these questions answered, but I thought I would ask here and get some unbiased opinions along with the facts. Thanks.

Depending on the books you are selling you may want to sell them on ebay. The 15% commission that Heritage charges really eats into your profits. Not to mention that a lot of people that are buying figure the 15% that the buyer has to pay when bidding into their bid price and the bid price ends up being lower than market value.

Ok, thanks for the information. I may have a couple of Harvey books to sell including an Adventures in 3-D #1 CGC 9.6. I was going to use ebay, but then Heritage occured to me. Well, I will consider it further and decide one way or the other in the next few months when I get the rest of my books back from CGC.

Ok, thanks for the information. I may have a couple of Harvey books to sell including an Adventures in 3-D #1 CGC 9.6. I was going to use ebay, but then Heritage occured to me. Well, I will consider it further and decide one way or the other in the next few months when I get the rest of my books back from CGC.

I've been in recent contact with Heritage and for my submission, they required a $5000 minimum market value. I don't know if that is the standard minimum but I think it might be. I've been having troubles getting their forms, but their turn around times in responding to e-mails is reasonable.

If anyone who has consigned books to Heritage can share their experiences, that would be great.

I think there are definite benefits for going the Heritage route versus eBay - they handle the entire transaction, from start to finish, and they generally get pretty good results if you look at their past auction history. They do charge a 15% commision, but if you're going through eBay, you will also have to pay listing fees, final value fees, and probably PayPal fees (and for me, a lower currency exchange rate) which can add up to 10%. Something to consider!