• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CIORAC (Bill Ponseti) Scoop Profile

73 posts in this topic

My first post ever.

Bill, Congrats on a well-deserved, great Scoop profile. For the fifteen years or so we have known each other, I have not seen a more devoted comics fan than you. You have a great appreciation for the wide span of comics, as evidenced by the photo with multiples of Blackstone in the same photo with multiples of HOS 92.

Also, I have to underline the many postiive comments made on the boards about your store venture, More Fun Comics. For almost a decade, MFC was the mecca of comic stores below the Mason-Dixon line. For us in Jackson, it was an easy ride for three hours to "see what cool Golden and Silver Age treasures Bill has in the store THIS week". At almost any time, one could literally walk into MFC and find a full run of Marvels and of post-1960 DCs, and usually multiple copies of most issues -- not to mention a good selection of Golden Age. I own a store myself now and often get nostalgic questions about MFC from dedicated fans and collectors in Mississippi.

Thanks Ken! I am honored that you chose this thread to make your first post in! Glad you are becoming more active. For those who don't know Ken, I recommend you contact him and find out what treasures he may have for you. There isn't a nicer guy in the hobby!

:acclaim:

My first post ever.

Bill, Congrats on a well-deserved, great Scoop profile. For the fifteen years or so we have known each other, I have not seen a more devoted comics fan than you. You have a great appreciation for the wide span of comics, as evidenced by the photo with multiples of Blackstone in the same photo with multiples of HOS 92.

Also, I have to underline the many postiive comments made on the boards about your store venture, More Fun Comics. For almost a decade, MFC was the mecca of comic stores below the Mason-Dixon line. For us in Jackson, it was an easy ride for three hours to "see what cool Golden and Silver Age treasures Bill has in the store THIS week". At almost any time, one could literally walk into MFC and find a full run of Marvels and of post-1960 DCs, and usually multiple copies of most issues -- not to mention a good selection of Golden Age. I own a store myself now and often get nostalgic questions about MFC from dedicated fans and collectors in Mississippi.

Thanks Ken! I am honored that you chose this thread to make your first post in! Glad you are becoming more active. For those who don't know Ken, I recommend you contact him and find out what treasures he may have for you. There isn't a nicer guy in the hobby!

:acclaim:

Admit it Bill, there is no Ken. This is just you trying to generate more flattery! :baiting:

P.S. Welcome Ken! (thumbs u

My first post ever.

Welcome to the Boards!!! :golfclap:

My first post ever.

Welcome to the Boards!!! :golfclap:

Welcome :golfclap: :golfclap:

Just saw this, very nice Bill.

Will you still speak to us in Chicago, or are you "above us" now that you are famous.

:kidaround:

Ze-

Just saw this, very nice Bill.

Will you still speak to us in Chicago, or are you "above us" now that you are famous.

:kidaround:

Ze-

Kenny, I've always been famous and I always have spoken to you, so nothing will change! :grin:

I talked the the lady at the McDonalds drive through...sadly, I will not see her in Chicago :(

but I will get to see Bill and Richard!

gator

Bill, Gator Rick and possibly the drive thru girl at McDonald's (if I can get in touch with her) will be wearing Bedrock City exhibitor badges at Chicago! :banana: :banana: :o