• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CIORAC (Bill Ponseti) Scoop Profile

73 posts in this topic

The enthusiasm really shone through. I love how Bill took his time and answered in full. Quite a long piece for Scoop.

Not sure about politics Steve, but I am returning to another position I formerly held within comics fandom in the near future.

Great job, Bill.

I've mentioned this before, but More Fun Comics and Bill Ponseti were/are an institution in South Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, East Texas, West Florida. He had one of the premiere comic book store destinations in New Orleans and it was always a pleasure to buy from Bill, whether at a convention or in store.

I look forward to hearing more about your upcoming return to retailing/dealing (I'm guessing).

Nate.

Thanks Mike and Dark Knight!!

Nate, I appreciate the comments very much. I do miss the store quite a bit some times. We had a lot of fun back in those days. Won't be going back to reatailing or dealing (other than a little here and there) anytime soon. Maybe when I retire.

Great article on Bill. :applause:

As I started my transition into Golden Age last year, I learned a lot by reading Bill's posts. Very knowledgeable guy with a true love of GA material. Bill, since your so close, why not come down next year for Mega-Con in Orlando? Richard Evans will be there (assuming he sets up again next year), the convention is well attended for a regional one, and the Forum dinner can always use some more class. :wishluck:

Besides, you can bring your Tec # 27 so we can ogle it for a while.

Thanks Mike and Dark Knight!!

Nate, I appreciate the comments very much. I do miss the store quite a bit some times. We had a lot of fun back in those days. Won't be going back to reatailing or dealing (other than a little here and there) anytime soon. Maybe when I retire.

Actually, Ken Stribling bought my BLB collection. But, I've decided to get some again. I won one the other day (not the one you requested), when it arrives I will post it.

My first post ever.

Bill, Congrats on a well-deserved, great Scoop profile. For the fifteen years or so we have known each other, I have not seen a more devoted comics fan than you. You have a great appreciation for the wide span of comics, as evidenced by the photo with multiples of Blackstone in the same photo with multiples of HOS 92.

Also, I have to underline the many postiive comments made on the boards about your store venture, More Fun Comics. For almost a decade, MFC was the mecca of comic stores below the Mason-Dixon line. For us in Jackson, it was an easy ride for three hours to "see what cool Golden and Silver Age treasures Bill has in the store THIS week". At almost any time, one could literally walk into MFC and find a full run of Marvels and of post-1960 DCs, and usually multiple copies of most issues -- not to mention a good selection of Golden Age. I own a store myself now and often get nostalgic questions about MFC from dedicated fans and collectors in Mississippi.