• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The fourth sign of the apocalypse...

11 posts in this topic

As you all know, we have been eagerly anticipating the appearance of the fourth sign. I witnessed it myself earlier today:

If someone else has already started a thread, I don't care... Someone probably already hijacked it to talk about how the new label will affect sales of the next Hulk 181... So it's just better to start fresh...

Oh, and I am not wearing any pants. Film at 11...

As you all know, we have been eagerly anticipating the appearance of the fourth sign. I witnessed it myself earlier today:

If someone else has already started a thread, I don't care...

There is actually another thread about it in the Marketplace section. And, coincidentally, I had this to say about it:

"Yet another act of lunacy that brings us one step closer to the apocalypse!!"

Armageddon it baby,

Gene

I forgot about the first three... confused-smiley-013.gif

Man, what the hell are you doing up this late? confused-smiley-013.gif

What were you doing up that late? confused-smiley-013.gif

Talking to one of my mail-order subscribers who is stationed in Korea. He calls me once a month to go over his order... Or maybe I was just trolling you... confused-smiley-013.gif

Truly disturbing stuff... I'd love to see the financials for this 'project'... how many books do they have to submit to get the 'guaranteed' 9.8 to each subscriber?

This is about the point at which the slabbed sports card market began to implode, as I recall...

Not that many, really... just throw together a typical number of pre-screens and it shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, they guarantee you will get 9.8 each month, but I doubt they refund anything more than the value of the one book you miss. It's not like they would give you your entire year's subscription back. So it doesn't cost them much of anything.

I could give them a heckuva black eye by asking for a 9.8 subscription to Clockmaker though... There is no possible way they could ever deliver even one issue, and they would be stuck ordering a bunch of them to try to pre-screen...