• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edgar Church question

15 posts in this topic

Apparently, this guy's collection was as important as it was impressive.

I know NOTHING about it, though. Does anyone have a link to an article/thread or site that goes into detail?

I see stuff about his collection often, and I'm feeling pretty ignorant.

thanks

Actually...if you're going to try and read the whole thing you'll need at least one cup of coffee, or maybe a couple vivarins, or various other "little helpers" to get you through it! Chuckie has a way with words, that's for certain... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yes, read Matt Nelson's article *before* delving into the "made for television movie -script" version on Chuck R's Mile High Comics website... Unfortunately, Chuck has disposed of the bodies and there really aren't any (surviving) witnesses to the actual deal... so Chuck has the luxury of embellishing the story, and he takes the opportunity to do so in his epic account...

I could just see Cage waxing eloquent in that scene where Chuck reflects on his life, and surmising that if he had died in his drug-induced, asleep-at-the-wheel bit and never found the Church Collection, that life would have changed immensely for the world's population.

Children without mothers, dogs and cats doing it in the streets, asteroids careening into our poor planet, strife on a global scale...

That's the movie version and in real life, he would have amounted to a one page report at a hick cop shop, filed under "Road Kill".

And I'd recommend a shot of hard liquor before starting in on Chuckie's tales.

...or at least getting laid first... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Laid & Liquor,eh . Well as they say on the bus... Liquor in the front and Poker in the back !!! grin.gifgrin.gif