• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

13 days to go...

11 posts in this topic

Ouch $20k BP sucks

Ouch! All that writing all over the cover sucks. :baiting:

Apparently it has its appeal. ;) (thumbs u

I think I might be able to dig out an old copy of Micronauts that my nephew once used as a scratch pad while doing his math homework...

Ouch $20k BP sucks

Apparently it has its appeal. (thumbs u

I know all the Pay Copy arguements. It is a great historical book. I just have always had a problem with the CGC grade based on the writing on the cover. Grade it along the same standards as every other book. If they want to grade it that high, put it in a Green Label.

I don't think the final hammer price would be drastically different given the historical nature of this copy.

Ouch $20k BP sucks

Apparently it has its appeal. (thumbs u

I know all the Pay Copy arguements. It is a great historical book. I just have always had a problem with the CGC grade based on the writing on the cover. Grade it along the same standards as every other book. If they want to grade it that high, put it in a Green Label.

I don't think the final hammer price would be drastically different given the historical nature of this copy.

I agree. Guess my attempt at dry humour was so dry it evaporated.

I added a "wink" for clarity... ;) (thumbs u (but now with the wink and the thumbs up next to each other, I can't get the image out of my head of the opening scene of Episode 1, Season 2 of Twin Peaks -- with the old room service guy standing over Dale Cooper.... sorry... just ignore me).