• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Can Anyone Help a Brother Out?

8 posts in this topic

I didn't make an effort to go to SDCC this year because I thought I would taking national registry exams during or just after the con. Not that it mattered, I didn't have the time to work extra anyway, so even if time hadn't been a factor, money still is.

Long story short, I'm looking for help with the goodies that will be at the show. I'm after anything Spirit (Frank Miller is working on a movie), 300, HEROES, Blade Runner, or Boondocks (Aaron McGruder is appearing) related. Naturally, I'll pay shipping and add more for your efforts. Any freebie comics are always good too!

Last year the freebies were everywhere, but it took some sweet talking to get the HEROES comics. It can be done though. I'm really hoping for a Spirit poster or a signature from Aaron McGruder.

I almost forgot....and I'll gladly PayPal the $$$ to you.....a Stan Sakai UY drawing! A simple sketch, full body if possible. He sells them at the show, but I don't know the rates, I'd assume around $100-150.

I'd really rather pay someone here than go to eBay after the show, even if I wind up paying the same as I would on the 'Bay.

PM me if you can help!!

I didn't make an effort to go to SDCC this year because I thought I would taking national registry exams during or just after the con. Not that it mattered, I didn't have the time to work extra anyway, so even if time hadn't been a factor, money still is.

Weird.....that's not the registry I was referring to, nor did I hyperlink it. (shrug)

If you want a simple con sketch, Stan does those for free. Commissions are more; I think 50-75 for one figure, 100 or so for 2 figures. Do you have any idea on what you'd want Stan to draw? Shoot me a PM.

Jeff

PMs seem to be DRT (dead right thar')

Thanks for the post! I know he does the quickie head sketches for free, but I was hoping for a little more detail/finished work. Something similar to your avatar would be nice. I'm not really after a ready for publication drawing, but close, if that makes any sense. His site says he brins sketches with him, ready to go and that's fine by me.

Let me know if I can be any less clear! lol

Doug

P.S. I went over Stan's site and came up with a general concept. His T-Shirts offer some good general ideas. Nothing fancy.

That's a heck of a lot more than I expected for a freebie! I figured he just did the tiny head sketches.

A freebie is good by me, if he'll do it. If not, I completely understand and don't want to make him mad or you look bad.

when is aaron going to be signing? if i see him on thursday, i'll try to get some posters signed

It looks like Saturday in Sony Pictures booth # 4137 from 1200-1400. Thanks for thinking of me though! (thumbs u