• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post grading return shipping to Canada

2 posts in this topic

I just set up an oder to send off to CGC for grading. Invoices, wrapped, boxed etc. I have been looking over the site (this is my first shipment) to ensure that I am covering all the bases. I have found something "interesting" and don't know what the correct course is.

The value of the books that I am sending in is anywhere between $2000-$3000 and I am getting appropriate insurance upon sending them. From reading the site, it reads that CGC does not insure comics when they send them back unless you specify that you want to do that. They state that FedEx insures to a max of $500. You must use Registered Mail if you want higher insurance. I was also reading on the news page that the prices of delivery have changed, and CGC ONLY uses FedEx for international shipping. Therefore my comics will be insured for a max of $500 for the return visit.

Am I correct in how I read that? What are other Canadians doing in this regard? I take it that the shipping is very good and safe, but I would also guess that there are ALWAYS mistakes that do happen.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I also recently sent my first shipment from Canada to CGC. I sent it via Fedex and declared it for far less than the value of the books. Fedex suggested I do this to avoid customs delays.

I send lots of packages back and forth across the border via Fedex and I've never lost one yet, nor have any been damaged.

But if you want more specific info on Fedex, CGC and Canada, talk to Dad&Son here on the board. He's done quite a few shipments from Canada to CGC (and back) and I'm sure he can give you more info.