• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comic Con Aug 18-19

110 posts in this topic

Well, the problem will be that I'm going to be visiting my parents at the time, and they don't have internet out in the country house. We're home from FL the 15th and head to NY until the 19th. What luck, eh? Maybe I should PM Donut about it to see if I can work something out.

I hear ya. In that case, maybe try just listing them next week? If they are cheapies, they may get more attention outside the VCC anyway...

I love the VCCs, but not every book is right for them. Plus (for me, anyhow) it takes a fair amount of extra time to set up the thumbnails.

Virtual-Comic-Con-Logo-1.png

Seller setup starts the evening of August 17, 2007.

(To be held in the Marketplace Forum.)

'Nuff Said!

Uh-oh . . . next thing you know, there's gonna be virtual table fees . . . :baiting:

Did anyone double check with Arch that the modify times of our posts won't be affected? I remember that when we upgraded the boards posts couldn't be modified less than a day afterwards.

I started a thread yesterday at 08/11/07 11:18 AM.

It's now 8/12 11:15PM... 1.5 days... so I assume the 2 day rule is in effect.

Virtual-Comic-Con-Logo-2.pnghttp://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1838792'>http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1838732'>http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1838791'>

Announcement: Our First VCC Charity Auction!

In addition to the VCC which is being held this weekend (August 18-19), we will be holding a Real-Time Threaded Charity Auction in the same Forum area with all proceeds going to a comic related charity (chosen by our donor).

Shiverbones-partial.jpgForum member and artist Shiverbones has kindly donated an original art piece created especially for this charity auction. (A very small portion of which is shown in this post!)

The piece is Modern Original Art size and will be set up like a Pre-Code Horror Comic Cover. Visit Shiverbones' website to view some of his other creations: www.shiverbones.com/matthewkirscht

The Winner is buying the piece of art itself, not the copyright to the image. Sole copyright remains with Matthew Kirscht.

Now's your chance to own an original Shiverbones art piece! Join us for the VCC Charity Auction which begins Saturday, August 18 at 8pm EDT!

VCC Charity Auction - A Shiverbones Special!

Saturday, August 18, 8PM EDT

1120248926_1c32b41610_o.jpg

Weird Tales of Halloween

Artist: Shiverbones (Matthew Kirscht)

10"x15" with a 1" border

India Ink on 4 ply Strathmore Vellum surface Bristol Board

Note: Logo and upper text are secondary paste-ons attached with archival glue.

The Winner is buying the piece of art itself, not the copyright to the image. Sole copyright remains with Matthew Kirscht.

Special Thanks to Matthew Kirscht! All proceeds to benefit the HERO INITIATIVE.

Well, I think I may put up some of my "oddball" goodies...

What loosely comic-related can we get? Are non-sports cards allowed? Those show up at most cons these days. :THUMBSUP:

I for one would like to see oddball items too. One of my most prized possessions is a promo Flash poster from the 70's I got for $5. But, I love it no matter the value. So, I'd like any non-figure, non-comic Flash items I don't have. That goes for Valiant, Gold Key, Charlton, & Doctor Who as well!

On comic items I'd love to fill some DC War holes with mid-grade bargains. ;) And, nice mid-low Atlas.

-Whovi (Thought it was about time someone put up a want list)

I'm excited... let's get it on

Well, I think I may put up some of my "oddball" goodies...

How loosely comic-related can we get? Are non-sports cards allowed? Those show up at most cons these days. :THUMBSUP:

I for one would like to see oddball items too. One of my most prized possessions is a promo Flash poster from the 70's I got for $5. But, I love it no matter the value. So, I'd like any non-figure, non-comic Flash items I don't have. That goes for Valiant, Gold Key, Charlton, & Doctor Who as well!

On comic items I'd love to fill some DC War holes with mid-grade bargains. ;) And, nice mid-low Atlas.

-Whovi (Thought it was about time someone put up a want list)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1838434&page=1#Post1838434