• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comic Con Aug 18-19

110 posts in this topic

Okay... let's test this out. Sckao created a Spreadsheet in Google that makes it a lot easier. You could also do this yourself in Excel.

What this does is format the TEXT part that accompanies your thumbnails.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pR7qeWAeZDzIwHOjYaQqDWQ&hl=en

Basically, there are a lot of items that are repetitive. These items you pre-load into Excel. Then all you need to do is Enter the TITLE AND #, The CONDITION and any NOTES. From Photobucket or your imaging server, you cut and paste the URL of your back cover scan.

Then you copy the section and paste it into your booth under your thumbnails.

(Sckao is including the back cover scan because someone requested it.)

This is the first time sckao has used the Google Spreadsheets, so if you can't edit it online, let him know. (or just copy the format into your own Excel spreadsheet so you can customize it yourself.) (thumbs u

So you end up with something like this:

Okay.. sckao needs to work on the Back Cover Part... doh!

Unfortunately when you paste, the URL= and the URL will be separated by a SPACE. You need to delete this space to get the URL LINK to work.

Okay... let's test this out. Sckao created a Spreadsheet in Google that makes it a lot easier. You could also do this yourself in Excel.

What this does is format the TEXT part that accompanies your thumbnails.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pR7qeWAeZDzIwHOjYaQqDWQ&hl=en

Basically, there are a lot of items that are repetitive. These items you pre-load into Excel. Then all you need to do is Enter the TITLE AND #, The CONDITION and any NOTES. From Photobucket or your imaging server, you cut and paste the URL of your back cover scan.

Then you copy the section and paste it into your booth under your thumbnails.

(Sckao is including the back cover scan because someone requested it.)

This is the first time sckao has used the Google Spreadsheets, so if you can't edit it online, let him know. (or just copy the format into your own Excel spreadsheet so you can customize it yourself.) (thumbs u

So you end up with something like this:

Okay.. sckao needs to work on the Back Cover Part... doh!

Unfortunately when you paste, the URL= and the URL will be separated by a SPACE. You need to delete this space to get the URL LINK to work.

Cool, thanks a lot, Sckao! (worship)

Andy

I won't be posting this time still no scanner and now my 14 month old grabbed my digital camera off the table and dropped it. Shame I have a few silver DC I was going to put up as well as possibly some bronze marvel mags. Maybe next time.

I won't be posting this time still no scanner and now my 14 month old grabbed my digital camera off the table and dropped it. Shame I have a few silver DC I was going to put up as well as possibly some bronze marvel mags. Maybe next time.

You don't really need scans... You could just list them as accurately as possible. :gossip:

Many sellers will be listing really cheap books or by lot.

Pending the baseball playoffs, October 20-21.

Just an FYI that there are a bunch of Canadian Cons going on that weekend.

October 21 is a popular date for one day cons in Canada - there is one in Ottawa, one in Toronto and one in Vancouver.

Plus the Boston Comic Con that a bunch of boardies will be at.

ok, will probably move it then

Sure, all the major cities in Canada are having Cons, including the 4th largest in NA, but if Boston is having one, call it off!! Now!!! :o

Plus the Boston Comic Con that a bunch of boardies will be at.

ok, will probably move it then

Sure, all the major cities in Canada are having Cons, including the 4th largest in NA, but if Boston is having one, call it off!! Now!!! :o

According to you, nobody ships to Canada now anyway, so screw Canada. :baiting:

Is Toronto bigger than Houston now?

Let's nail a date down so we can get some outside advertising in place...

Every weekend is going to have some sort of comic book show going on somewhere.

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/conventions.htm

I'd recommend November 3-4. Some small one-day cons, but no major cons.