• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Come on now! CGC versus Raw for High-Grade Books?????

42 posts in this topic

I am a very small player but here are the books I currently have. I submitted the list by your request.

www.jkcomics.homestead.com/

I'm sorry,I just don't understand you. You disparage dealers but it turns out you are one. You say you will not buy big money books unless their slabbed but you have them for sale and grade a FF 48 as VFtoNM? Who is going to buy that without checking it out in person.Am I misunderstanding your web site and those prices are what you paid, not what you're selling them for?I just don't get the logic of slamming dealers,slamming raw books and then posting raw books for sale in the same thread.

Nice collection by the way.

"I'm sorry,I just don't understand you. You disparage dealers but it turns out you are one. You say you will not buy big money books unless their slabbed but you have them for sale and grade a FF 48 as VFtoNM? Who is going to buy that without checking it out in person.Am I misunderstanding your web site and those prices are what you paid, not what you're selling them for?I just don't get the logic of slamming dealers,slamming raw books and then posting raw books for sale in the same thread.

Nice collection by the way".

I have no problem with dealers. Their goal is to turn a profit. I disparage everyone(buyers included) who can't tell the truth and who play around with their grades. I am not saying you do but relating my past experience with others. That is my problem and I live with it. I do sell some comics so if that makes me a dealer, I am, but I buy more than I sell and usually sell to raise money for new buys. I consider myself more of a buyer than a dealer. I hardly know anyone in the business and very few know me. Seeing the inflation in the comic business I have no real interest in plowing serious new money into the hobby (that's my issue). The FF 48 is CGC graded (check the picture). I can't seem to line up the book. If the book was not graded I would wonder why. The purpose of the site is to keep track of my inventory and if I sell a comic people often ask what else I have. I hate copying the list so I simply give out the link. I sell very little off the site and don't advertise to sell (except the few raw books I have left). I no longer attend conventions since they seem to be a waste for what I do. The prices on the site are inflated (they are selling prices) so I don't have to get into a hassle if I fail to change prices on a popular book. The actual selling prices will be high if I have no interest to move books. The raw books are for sale mainly at 60% off guide. The problem of the internet is that bullsh.t runs rampant as identities are unknown. By posting the site I was simply pointing out that I might be wrong but I tell the truth.

Thanks for the kind comments on the collection. I have very little knowledge about what others have but It is nice for me but I keep thinking it is moderate compared to others. Take care.