• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will stop Hulk?

55 posts in this topic

I dont even see Parker being married as adding or negating anything about the storyline any differently than if MJ were still a girlfriend. She's still his "girlfriend" he comes back to and worries about, and they live together and share a bank account (sort of). I guess the only distinction is that he cant break up w/o her dying (always a possibility) or a divorce, which might not be good route, corporate-wise. I dont see Superman getting a divorce for the same reason.

Ive been skimming a lot more than reading: so who so far has turned out to be a Skrull??

And whats One More Day supposed to be about? One more day with Aunt May before she dies?

Sorry but the current Marvel "mess" (as this boards posters have been calling it) has increased sells, brought new fans into the fold (a few friends of mine who never wanted to read comics now call and talk to me about the latest storyline) and cause fan sites like these to discuss the topic non-stop.

So just to clarify, how do you call that a loss to the company?

Oh, and my vote is on Hulk stopping once he gets all the members of the Illuminati in a room so he can beat the mess out of them. Then he'll leave. After all, they did involuntarily account for the death of Hulk's queen, planet and people. Had the reverse been true (Hulk killing earth and Sue Storms for example), I think readers would demand blood.

how come Hulk isnt stupid Hulk anymore? Maybe the end has him revert to "Hulk Smash" Hulk again??? and he jumps away from his outer space buddies and the whole World War Hulk thing. Maybe the Watcher/Stark/Reed/Pym etc has a device that does it.

What marvel has lost is it's history. Like if someone stole or burned a plaque or retired jersey from Yankee stadium. True that no real damage has ben done but it's rich history has for some reason been pissed on for lack of a better term.

well, we know the reason... the almighty dollah! But thats okay really if they do a good job of shaking things up. A lot of the Big EVents and changes often feel more contrived to ne an Event rather than well executed storytelling. And, too, after 50 years of telling stories about these characters, its easy for the writers to rely on gimmicks etc.

I dont think we could do better, dont get me wrong, they are trying... but . In my experience reading comics my whole life, its always been the same that theres only about 5% really good stuff. And the rest is "okay" and "truly lousy." Silver Age, Bronze Age, you name it. Same percentages.

So...

What if the Hulk wins? He takes over NY with his buddies & sets up 'shop.' He kicks out all the heroes. People can live there, just do whatever the Hulk & Co. request...

Would this enable Marvel to put the Civil War 'on hold,' until the Hulk situation is resolved?

I don't think it would happen, as it seems Marvel wants to dive into the new Skurll War next, but it certainly would be different!

Have you guys read the latest issue of Hulk? (not WWH). Pretty good storytelling by Pak.
Yep - I did. Very good. Heck, I seem to be in the minority on these boards, but I think lots of moderns are well-written, whether you agree or not with the direction the title is taking.

Thor and the Silver Surfer combined will put a hault to the Hulk :sumo:

Hulk wasted the SS in the Planet Hulks story line. If SS saw the Hulk now he'd drop silver ingots.

SS was weakened the same way Hulk was at first resulting from passing through the wormhole. :gossip:

Thor and the Silver Surfer combined will put a hault to the Hulk :sumo:

Hulk wasted the SS in the Planet Hulks story line. If SS saw the Hulk now he'd drop silver ingots.

SS was weakened the same way Hulk was at first resulting from passing through the wormhole. :gossip:

Tis true, he was weakened. Surfer has beaten the Hulk in the past but now that Hulk is angry enough to make his eyes pop out on stalks, it may be a fair fight.