• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Mark Jeweler's worth??

45 posts in this topic

Well I can't say when the inserts started but I can say when they ended.....

Marvel Comics cover dated either May or Jun 1991....

After a cursory glance, these are some of the final issues with the insert:

Fantastic Four #353

Spectacular Spider-Man #177

Punisher #49

Avengers #333

New Mutants #99

X-Factor #67

Note that the inserts apparently were only added in 32 page comics near the end (I can confirm at least the last 4 years before the end). Some of the "super-sized" issues either have or didn't have the insert. Squarebounds did not. Those that were stapled usually did but not all. ASM #300 and Fantastic Four #350 have the insert and New Mutants #100 did not for example.

Again, this is only after a cursory look. There are many other boxes I need to go through when I get the time with other runs, ASM and Uncanny being a couple, that have the inserts. Someone else will have to search for the DCs. I didn't collect very many I'm afraid.

I'll post what I find then if there's interest. Don't want to waste my time you know.....

Jim

I picked up a low grade collection (VG- ish with some worse) today and was surprised to find several low grade MJ insert comics. Many of these are "off" issues which many people do not collect. None have the stamp on the cover. They are:

Where Monsters Dwell #25

Dark Shadows #19 from 1973 (no back cover)

Turok #87 from 1973

Defenders #10

New Terrytoons #24 from 1974 by GK (interesting huh?)

New Terrytoons #21 by GK (interesting huh?)

Lidsville #3 by GK (this is a Krofft property with a photo cover)

House of Mystery #212

Ghosts #16 by DC

Thor #205

HB's Roman Holidays #3 from 1973 by GK

HB's Hair Bear Bunch #6 by GK

Jungle Twins #7 by GK

The Amazing Chan #2 by GK

Fantastic Four #124

Dagar the Invincible #2 by GK (has a 16 page fun catalog and the MJ insert!)

I may place these on eBay at some point, but they are low grade.

I lived on AF bases and bought many comics at the bx. The blue star means the comic was paid for. An overseas bx is very large. With the blue star you could pay for your comics and still walk around the store. After paying we used to try to grab our comics so they would not have the blue star and stay in mint condition. That is why some have it and some do not.