• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there.....

910 posts in this topic

I think what people are trying to tell you is that what happened to you sucked, and the seller definitely sounds like someone to avoid, but there have been much much worse horror stories than yours, so in the grand scheme of things you came out of it pretty well.

Absolutely.

But......I can't help but think the omissions are intentional. Seller really shouldn't just be allowed to carry on...business as usual.

IMO :whatev:

Rocky...here is my last post of the night...

To be honest...when I am selling on eBay I've gotten brash "buyers" such as yourself who feel that it's your way or the highway. I have gotten questions that were so off the wall that I would respond only in a brief manner to avoid any misconceptions upon which I would get yet another brash response.

Bottom line: Perhaps it is your uneven temperment that spurs such response from people. Look inward young grasshopper and perhaps you shall find enlightenment. 2c

Good night...and You're Welcome.. ;)

That picture of the 113 clearly shows that there was a "color touch" job on the picture and I would use that term loosely with that book. I think you overreacted since you got all you money back. Rereading your posts it appears you felt the seller owes you more such as some type of compensation for your time. It doesn't work that way. (You were made "whole" again) Personally I would have either left no feedback or neutral stating "Unhappy with books All costs refuned" or "Books not as described Full refund given" .

I've dealt with with too many bad sellers to consider this seller one of them.

He refunded your money and shipping and that is "telling your customer to *spoon* off"? He did what he needed to do and was trying to be done with it; he blocked you to show you he was done with it.

Wow.

Some of you folks just aren't getting it.

NO, refunding money and shipping is NOT "telling your customer to *spoon* off." I already made that quite clear.

Being snide, hostile, and rude, when you wasted your customer's time and effort, and lying about the conditions of the books IS "telling your customer to *spoon* off."

"Blocking" someone isn't simply a way to "show you he was done with it"...it's being incredibly rude. There was no cause to block me; I wasn't being hostile...I was trying to reason with the guy, and hoping to have him show ANY remorse for "screwing up" (note the quotes. I don't believe for a SECOND that this was an honest mistake. The guy was trying to scam people on eBay, plain and simple.)

What's wrong with you that you don't understand this? Why are you sticking up for scam artists?

ZE....

Like I said...all I wanted was an apology, or any sign of "man, sorry about that." ANY sign of remorse would have been fine. Instead, this guy turned into a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

first

can't believe person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed doesn't get "spooned" out

second

what kind of fantasy world do you live in? you got a friggin refund (shrug)

thank your lucky stars you got back your cash and move along.

i personally have been royally screwed before and listening to this almost

pisses me off

That picture of the 113 clearly shows that there was a "color touch" job on the picture and I would use that term loosely with that book.

Well....you can say that now that you KNOW there's color touch, or maybe you just have far more experience, but I didn't see any color touch until I got the book and opened it up to see bright pink staring at me.

The fact doesn't change that it was not disclosed.

I think you overreacted since you got all you money back. Rereading your posts it appears you felt the seller owes you more such as some type of compensation for your time.

I said to Ze, and I'll say again, I only wanted the seller to say "oops...sorry." or nothing at all. The seller decided to be snide, and then openly hostile.

This is why this is here.

I guess maybe some of you were expecting a Dupcak level scam....?

It doesn't work that way. (You were made "whole" again) Personally I would have either left no feedback or positve stating "Unhappy with books All costs refuned" or "Books not as described Full refund given" .

What, so the guy could pass the book on to someone else as unrestored...?

Let me be very clear: the neg came because the seller was snide and rude. Had the seller said ANYTHING about being remorseful, or even nothing at all, I would have left positives....and I always leave GLOWING positives like "books had issues, but seller went out of their way to make it right!"...or nothing at all.

I've dealt with with too many bad sellers to consider this seller one of them.

The issue here is that the seller sold a restored book as unrestored, and a badly damaged book as a much higher grade than it is.

If that doesn't mean anything on this board, of all boards, then I'm screwed. :)

I know it should not matter because a transaction, is a transaction, is a transaction no matter what the final price may actually be.

But we are talking about VG books that were bought for below Good book value right?

I am baffled by this whole thread and am going to get back to work.

:(

Ze-

ZE....

Like I said...all I wanted was an apology, or any sign of "man, sorry about that." ANY sign of remorse would have been fine. Instead, this guy turned into a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

first

can't believe person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed doesn't get "spooned" out

second

what kind of fantasy world do you live in? you got a friggin refund (shrug)

thank your lucky stars you got back your cash and move along.

That would be the fantasy world in which people like you justify overgrading and not disclosing restoration.

That world.

I don't "thank my lucky stars" I got my cash back: I FIGHT to stop SCAMMERS from RUINING this hobby that I love by selling books that are RESTORED without disclosing it, and BADLY overgrading them. I FIGHT to STOP sellers from getting away with ripping people off. I don't "thank my lucky stars I got my cash back" from a thief as if I should just be a victim and take it and then chalk it up to "oh well, that's just eBay."

I don't let sellers take advantage of me or others.

That makes me the bad guy....?

i personally have been royally screwed before and listening to this almost

pisses me off

ROFL!!

It pissed YOU off?

That some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed tried to scam people on eBay, and I wouldn't let him, and you're pissed off at ME?

Hilarious!

I'm going to say the over/under on the number of forum members who will put you on their blocked bidders list after reading this thread is 15. :gossip:

I'm taking the over.

This from the guy who sold me a Brave and the Bold #34 as "VG/F" that had the cover detached and GLUED back on....? And then hassled me when I returned it?

Oh, sure, you gave me a full refund, including return shipping....after I made a stink about it.

But why were you selling a book who's cover had become detached and GLUED back on as unrestored VG/F in the first place?

You can't use the "this book was too cheap to bother grading properly" excuse.

By the by....by all means, if you're inclined, PLEASE block me. I'd much, much, MUCH rather deal with honest sellers who don't overgrade for fun and $$$$.

Besides...everyone here knows that eBay's broken, and new accounts can be made to get around blocks. I don't do that, but people have, obviously.

So this person did get a refund. At the end of the day, the seller seems like an a-hole, but at least he gave the refund. This seems like much ado about nothing. Wouldn't buy from this guy given his attitude, wouldn't rake him over the coals since he gave the refund, which is ultimately the most important thing.