• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 1

Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1

104 posts in this topic

1st black super hero to carry his own book...it's a pretty socially important book that should be paired with the likes of ASM #96-98 and GL/GA #85-86. I mean isn't that what differentiaited the Silver Age from the Bronze Age in the first place...social revelance?

Jim

But the duplicate issues across same titles has to go..Marvel or DC.

I totally disagree.

Forcing only ONE of ASM 121, 122 or 129 to make the list is just plain stupid. Who cares what title they're in?

What are you trying to determine? what is the most:

A) important book of he bronze age

B)most popular book of the bronze age

C) has the most relevance to current titles

D)Changed the comic landscape (IE; how heroes were portrayed in the following years)

ECT...ECT...

Answer these questions then generate a list.

Now you see why the Silver Age list was taken from the most valuable list in Overstreet - too much pain in defining own :baiting:

Sure, but have you seen the OS Bronze Age list? After the top guys, it's all variants and limited HCs. None of those deserve any space on our list, as their value in inherent on limited supplies, not importance.

I like collecting 35-centers, but who in their right mind would think that the Star Wars 1 35-cent is the most important BA comic?

and Jimmy Olsen 135 (first Darkseid). I think 135 could replace 133

I thought JO 133 *was* the first appearance of Darkseid. :frustrated:

JO 133 was the first post-Marvel Age Kirby DC book.

JO 134 is the first Darkseid appearance, a final-panel reveal that is miscolored in the original so that he appears to be Caucasian. doh!

JO 135 has a slightly more significant Darkseid appearance, correctly colored. This one predates New Gods #1 and Forever People #1. IIRC, Overstreet calls JO 135 the 2nd Darkseid, and states that NG & FP #1 are "tied" for the 3rd appearance.

Question: How are we going to come up with a Bronze Age list until we first resolve the old What Book Started the Bronze Age thread? :angel:

btw, how do you quote in a post now?

I just use the quote button near the bottom right hand corner, then edit out the part of the original post with all the original poster's good points that is off-topic, and then respond to the rest.

Was there an easier way to do a partial quote before?

btw, how do you quote in a post now?

I just use the quote button near the bottom right hand corner, then edit out the part of the original post with all the original poster's good points that is off-topic, and then respond to the rest.

Was there an easier way to do a partial quote before?

Yep, I would copy the part of the post I wanted to quite and then click on the "quote" button and then paste it inside the code