• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would happen if...?

10 posts in this topic

Ok, what would really happen if a superhero like Spider-Man actually hit a normal man (or woman!) in the face or body? flamed.gif

What do you think?

Mike

Knock him or her out? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, what would really happen if a superhero like Spider-Man actually hit a normal man (or woman!) in the face or body? flamed.gif

I guess they'd get launched down the hallway and miraculously not break any ribs...that's what happened to Flash Thompson when Peter punched him in the chest in the Spider-Man film.

What do you think?

Mike

What comic are you reading.....? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No comic in general, but I just think the comics that show Spider-Man really hitting someone, if it were reality--and I know it's not!--the force of his blow would probably usually kill them. I liked a Todd Mcfarlane ASM in which Spidey knocked a regular human bad guy out by flicking him in the forehead with one finger. Of course, even then he would have to be careful...

"No comic in general, but I just think the comics that show Spider-Man really hitting someone, if it were reality--and I know it's not!--the force of his blow would probably usually kill them. I liked a Todd Mcfarlane ASM in which Spidey knocked a regular human bad guy out by flicking him in the forehead with one finger. Of course, even then he would have to be careful... "

That was a rip-off on what the Thing did in FF 48!

Page 12 panel 6! mad.gif

What do you think?

Mike

In Spiderman-VS Wolverine didnt Spidey punch a woman thinking it was Wolverine and kill her?

Bendis played with that very idea in the big buildup and "climax" to the Ultimate Kraven story. Kraven plays a TV celebrity "wildlife hunter" who contrives a whole media spectacle regarding his hunt for Spider-Man. But when they actually face, Spidey knocks him cold (and across the street) with one hit. "No super-powers or anyting?? show-biz phony!"