• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've got a hate on for Canada Post

6 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]Rant starts here:[/font] :frustrated:

In the past 8 weeks I have had a total of 8 packages sent to me by Heritage. If you've received a package from them, you know that their mailing labels are computer-generated, and quite clear and legible.

Of these 8 packages, THREE of them have been misdirected by Canada Post.

[font:Arial Black]Package #1:[/font]

My very first order from Heritage. It arrived in Canada quite quickly (4 days). Then it sat at customs for nearly a week (not unusual). After that, the tracking system said "Item accepted and entered into sortation plant". Again, that's standard. But that same "entered into sortation plant" message appeared every day for the next 6 business days. That's NOT usual.

And on the seventh day, Canada Post rested. Or at least, my package simply disappeared from the tracking system altogether. Instead, the tracking systems said to call Canada Post for more information on my item.

I called, but they couldn't tell me anything. Nor could they (or I) launch a trace. The trace has to be launched by the sender. I called Heritage, and they said they couldn't launch a trace for 60 days.

So I waited. A few weeks later, Heritage called to say that the package had been returned to them. They sent it out again, and this time it arrived in about 10 days.

[font:Arial Black]Package #2:[/font]

About 2 weeks after it was shipped, the tracking said "Item out for delivery". Yay! But by 5pm it hadn't arrived. Nor did it arrive the next day.

I called Canada Post, and they confirmed that it had been sent out to the wrong address and was being rerouted to me.

When it arrived the NEXT day, it had a Canada Post label affixed to it with a totally different address on a different street with a completely different postal code. The only thing the same was the street number: 57.

The Heritage label with my actual address was still attached -- right beside Canada Post's incorrect label.

[font:Arial Black]Package #3:[/font]

The latest package was "Out for delivery" yesterday, and once again it didn't arrive. At 2:30pm yesterday the tracking system was updated: "Item on hold at the Delivery Office to verify address of Receiver".

I called Canada Post, and they verified that the address they have in their system for this package (which was taken from the shipping label) is correct. But they couldn't help beyond that. I visited the local post office/sortation plant (just down the street from me) and they couldn't help. No one knows what happened. No one knows where the package went, or where this mysterious "Delivery Office" is located. All they could do was tell me to call the sender and get them to request a trace (in 60 days).

But as the woman on the phone at Canada Post said, "Who knows? It still might show up."

God bless their pointy little heads.

[font:Arial Black]End of rant.[/font]

Tell me about it! My local post office sucks so bad. I went to mail some international packages. The clerk had to go see if they handled international packages at this office of the United States Post Office. I was a little flabergasted, but he was in his 60's or 70's so I waited patiently. He then started processing them. The first was a flat rate, but the clerk charged me regular rate. I didn't verify until I had left and by then it was too late. Bye bye $8. Then our regular route carrier is on vacay or something so I get my neighbors mail on Wednesday, nothing on Thursday, and only the circulars today. I've got five different packages I'm expecting. WTF?!?

OMG - don't get me started - some CP employee is the proud owner of a CGC Amazing Spider-man #1 3.0......

looooooooong story -

:(

A sad tale, even without the details. Did you get your money back? Insurance?

My current MIA book isn't anywhere near as sweet (Avengers #75 CGC 9.4), but I still want it... NOW!

Update on Package #3:

Around and around she goes. Where she stops, nobody knows.

Here's the tracking info as of this morning. Out for delivery... no, wait!... back to the post office to confirm address... then its entered into the sortation plant for a few days of sitting in limbo... then it's entered AGAIN into the sortation plant.

I think someone at the sortation plant is using the CGC case to chop up their lines of blow.

canadapost.jpg