• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brock

• Last visited

1 Follower

Personal Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3,001 profile views
  1. I know it’s the Skottie Young cover, but Farlaine was a great book.
  2. Could be hard… the day after you posted this, I sold a big lot of Warlock books on eBay at full asking price.
  3. This series is awesome... mostly new, but as @shadroch says, the 100-pagers had some reprints. In my opinion, though, those Fawcett reprints hold up better than many Golden Age stories do.
  4. I bought many of them off the newsstand, and never saw a polybagged one. I'm 99.9999% certain that none were bagged - even the Whitman variants didn't come bagged. I did not, however, buy #20 on the stands, which keeps me from being 100% certain. I have seen (and bought) many over the years, and have never seen one bagged.
  5. On the Richie Rich front, my friends an I really got into collecting about 2 or 3 years after these figures. We were all DC guys (my favourites were Justice League and Brave & Bold), but we also all read Richie Rich. Star Wars broke the DC monopoly, and we slowly started reading Marvel as well. By the time of Micronauts, we were Marvel converts, and probably gave up Richie Rich as we made that transition. Archies were everywhere, but they were "girl" comics. My younger sister had hundreds of them, and I read them all, but I didn't know any boys who bought Archies.
  6. This book was discussed a couple of years ago in the Bronze Age heating up thread… I’ve been snagging copies as I see them since. But basically, any Wrightson, Adams, or even Kaluta covers from DC Bronze Age horror have been hitting records over the past year or two. They are almost non-existent in 9.8, so 9.6s have been very strong.
  7. It was the same arch-villain who slipped an extra pair of pants on Batman on that Batman 244 cover…
  8. They could work for CGC… several of my slabbed copies are misnumbered the same way.
  9. My CGC copy of Superman 348 actually has a little home-made sticker with issue number pasted over the “W” logo.
  10. I've had a top 10 set on the census for many years, and I can't see these coming our of the woodwork like that, or at least not in high grade. For every common book (like Vanguard Illustrated or Alien Worlds) there are a bunch of scarce ones... His original Rocketeer books are around more frequently, and often in high grade, but if the oft-rumoured Disney reboot comes together, all bets are off on these, too.
  11. I'll match that with today's mail call from the Yukon...
  12. I knew that Marvel’s Godzilla books were doing well, but I was just just doing some eBay listings, and I didn’t realize how well Godzilla #23 was doing. It’s a late, (supposedly) low print issue, which feature a battle between Godzilla and the Avengers.
  13. I do feel like At least some Hughes books have started to rise in the past couple of months. Not everything, for sure, but I see upward movement on the “big” Hughes books, like Catwoman 51 and 74, Harley Quinn 1, Teen Titans 75, Zatanna 15 and 16, etc. I also think “tough” books in CGC 9.8 are climbing - Legionnaires 16 DCU variant, Sable 19, Chassis 1, Stargrazers 1, etc.
  14. Stevens IS better than Zeck. Seriously, though, I think the question is not if Dave Stevens is a popular artist in the vein of Art Adams or even Neal Adams. In my mind, it's more like whether Stevens will command premiums the way that, say, Matt Baker does. People like Adams, but they obsessively track every obscure Baker cover, and drive the prices through the roof on all of them.