• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gaard

2 Followers

Personal Information

• Occupation
    Coffee Roastmaster
  • Hobbies
    comics, football, baseball, basketball, my son

Recent Profile Visitors

3,032 profile views
  1. You know what's pathetic? They've never addressed the obvious instances of only 1 grader looking at the book. Not once.
  2. I'd be willing to wager that if it came to pass that every book received notes, there would be many 9.8s with more defects than 9.6s
  3. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am so tired of CGC reps saying "...at the graders' discretion." blue or green label notes or no notes pedigree or not factor in unwitnessed sig into grade error designation artist info on label These have all been deemed, at one time or another, "at the graders' discretion".
  4. When I was growing up (70s), the shop by my house never put prices on their back issues. Instead, you brought your stack up to the counter & whoever was manning the register at the time would haul out an OSPG and a pencil They would quickly scan the condition of the book and write the price in the ULC of the back cover. I'm not sure what they did if the comic was refused (erase the price and put the book back?)
  5. I go by the following formula... If A > than B + C, it gets graded. A = the FMV of the graded comic (minus any costs associated with selling it ... postage, venue costs, etc.) B = the cost of the comic (plus any postage) C = total cost of grading & pressing (plus all postage)
  6. Is the supposed increase in TATs the main reason that people are opposed to the idea of all books getting notes?
  7. Latest additions. It's been more than a week but... I just can't seem to get enough monsters lately.
  8. Be sure to tell him why.
  9. Every single submission I've gotten back from CGC over the years has included an invoice that says I owe money. Every single one. I've asked before about it in the ASK CGC subforum. I just get ignored or the thread gets locked.
  10. I've never spun that wheel, even though I can't see a single downside to it. I dunno, every time I get set to do it, a voice in my head says, "don't do it" and I chicken out.
  11. I'm going to assume you do this for every book? Having books being sold out is part of buying from dealers. It happens everywhere, is normal, and a non-issue. Shoot, I remember back in the day having to always list my second choices when ordering comics. Consider yourself lucky you don't have to send $1 along with a SASE to receive their latest list.
  12. My opinion... It really isn't cool for CGC to say "Give us more money and it will only take x days" and if it takes longer they just shrug and say "Oh well".