• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

waaaghboss

• Last visited

1 Follower

About waaaghboss

Recent Profile Visitors

1,431 profile views
  1. Yah some fun results so far, the all story's did all right, the doc savages seemed a little soft. I would have tried for a few but it's not worth it unless its a big book with HA's fees
  2. Surprised this went for 380. There are a couple nicer presenting copies on ebay for $100, disregarding the trimming.
  3. Reposting this, it's a pair of early 40s amazing stories. One of my unrelated submissions got white pages, and they are pretty, but scanning various pulp slabs I've only seen a few with white pages so it would be tough to aim for that imp.
  4. Was chatting with a comic shop owner today about yakimas. Said he bought half the books, and sold most, but still has some nicer ones buried away in his attic (late 30s). Sadly not interested in selling 😞
  5. All I really see is that people coming into pulps are mimicking what seems to have been somewhat common pulp collecting practices, namely cover/genre chasing. I wouldn't mind a decent copy of Marvel Science Stories Aug 38, but not at $300. Wave a nice uncanny tales under my nose at that price and I'd probably have to go look for my wallet.
  6. They were still figuring things out. Brain in a vat? Meh. Girl in a test tube?
  7. I feel like it would be rude to scan ebay while browsing, but sometimes I'll just tell the owner I'm not familiar with the comics or books and want to look them up later to see if I need them. I try to be polite and respectful, and haven't had any issues where it got awkward. 😀
  8. Just lucky with a bookstore, owner said he picked these up a while ago and is losing money since no one is buying them. If you dont mind me asking, are any of these worth grabbing? Was planning to check ebay once I get in front of a desktop but figure you guys are more knowledgeable.
  9. I came across a copy of Dunwich today 😆 Cool looking book, almost grabbed it but I'm unfamiliar with what a fair price should be. (I take photos of books I'm interested in so I can look them up when I get home)
  10. Some recent additions. The terror is a little rougher than I thought, tge others are in pretty nice shape.
  11. Yah I remember my jaw hitting the floor on that auction. Stunning book but out of my league. Some more clowns covers, none are mine. I did get a copy of gay book magazine with a clown cover a bit ago, but the artist forgot to add a gun.