• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

Wow, the dead pool is very interesting. Over 50 folks have voted but the counts on everyone is pretty well distributed...too bad no one is explaining the rationale. Axel and Philip seem to be "no brainers"...with Billy, Lori and Dale being the 2nd wave favs.

why is axel a no brainer? always was an interesting character. also, i always felt that rick and his family were vital to the series. take him or his family away, and you lose too much without gaining anything. altho i still think the walking dead is the best new series, too much death just makes the book less fun to read. i want a story, not a bloodbath. they should be working on re-building society. im starting to wonder if kirkman will ever give an explaination for how this all started. seeing as though kirkman said he wants to do 300+ issues, i sure hope he scales back on the death, because 300 issues of constant death would get old real quick (in fact, it already is)

Who even says there's going to be a battle? If Kirkman is trying to keep this book grounded in any sort of a realistic frame, Rick & co. will submit rather than simply commit suicide by fighting back. But, with the way this book is going, rather than doing something that makes sense, Rick will probably end up going all "fastball special" with little Carl as loads his pockets with grenades and throws him at the Governor's flagship.

What I'm expecting is any number and manner of deus ex machinae lurking out by the gate. You know, little "traps" that have been placed in case of just such an event that we didn't actually get to SEE being laid because they didn't EXIST until Kirkman wrote himself into this particular corner, for example.

Or maybe the now-catatonic Sophia will suddenly stand up and say, "LET MY PEOPLE GO!" At which point, of course, she will launch into a profanity-laced yet strangely moralistic tirade about the horrors of war and how everyone should unite against their common enemy.

Frankly, I almost can't wait another ten months for the next tpb. Granted, at the rate this book is shipping, it could be another 12 or 14...

Axel seems to be a no-brainer based on poll results...I think the guy is interesting...you know what I'm saying? It's just that out of all of the people left, he's probably contributed the least to the story line...you know what I'm saying? It would be a shame to let him go but if is his destiny...let it be so...you know what I'm saying?

altho i still think the walking dead is the best new series, too much death just makes the book less fun to read. i want a story, not a bloodbath. they should be working on re-building society. im starting to wonder if kirkman will ever give an explaination for how this all started. seeing as though kirkman said he wants to do 300+ issues, i sure hope he scales back on the death, because 300 issues of constant death would get old real quick (in fact, it already is)

I agree that constant re-hash of the cycles in their world is becoming a bit tedious...but I guess if this was a world of zombies this would probably be closer to reality if it were one. Personally though, I can understand the concern.

I too would like the stories to reach outside of the four walls of the prison...and take new paths other than basic survival. The plot elements you discuss are key on my mind as well. I thought they were heading that way when Alice "Detained" one of the Zombies but they killed that possibilitiy real quick.

BTW, the last 6 issues or so have been relatively quiet from a death perspective. The next TPB will be a complete bore except for Carol's death. And Lori's birth, although nice, doesn't ring up the excitometer for me. I guess the name "The Calm Before" says it all.

Carl is safe becuase after mostly everyone dies including Rick the story is going to move ahead 15 years where Carl is leading a pack of fresh faces.

That would be interesting...and definitely bold. ala Battle of the Planet of the Apes

BTW, the last 6 issues or so have been relatively quiet from a death perspective. The next TPB will be a complete bore except for Carol's death. And Lori's birth, although nice, doesn't ring up the excitometer for me. I guess the name "The Calm Before" says it all.

I started buying the issues starting with 37 and I agree this next TPB is going to be big snooze. I guess I was just pissed that there were so many close calls in the last batch and everything seemed to work out. Dale survived his nit and no one died in the looting of Wal-Mart. I was really hoping the pregnancy wasn't going to workout. I was kind of hoping that Lori was going to at least die from complications from child birth or something. Or if Kirkman wanted to be really disgusting have the baby die inside Lori and then eat its way out. Now that would be exciting.

You are sick. Perfectly suited for this material. (worship)

BTW, that's when I started picking up on the issues. I read the TPBs and it was one thing after another. I will read the TPB #7 just to get the sense of how slow this arc has been. It could also be the monthly quick fix that could be dragging this out too.

You are sick. Perfectly suited for this material. (worship)

BTW, that's when I started picking up on the issues. I read the TPBs and it was one thing after another. I will read the TPB #7 just to get the sense of how slow this arc has been. It could also be the monthly quick fix that could be dragging this out too.

That's what I was wondering. But I had trouble waiting for the TPB. I was going to buy the first TPB and my friend happened to have the first 3 at college, so i was able to read them to see if I liked it. I then immediately went out and bough 4-6 and polished them off.

Carl is safe becuase after mostly everyone dies including Rick the story is going to move ahead 15 years where Carl is leading a pack of fresh faces.

the big problem with this idea is that it takes the easy way out (to me), rather than slowly build a story and a history, plus kirkman has created some really interesting characters who haven't been explored yet (michhone most importantly--who i think is the best, most interesting character in the series--axel as well). plus, i really would like to see kirkman explore how rick and lori raise a family in this twisted reality. as much as i like the prison, i'd like to see the survivors explore the country. i'd also like to see carl grow up and build towards a leadership role. kirkman could--over 100's of issues--show us how carl's experiences shape him.

So, no TWD #43 yet? :pullhair:
:tonofbricks: I'm dying here...any word yet?

All I can find is that it is still slated for October release....so it could be the 17th, 24th, or 31st....

Hopefully sooner rather than later :wishluck:

Nice, but if Carl manages to see his 18th birthday (if the series is still arround and the characters doesn't suffer from non-aging) I will be surprised. It's a jungle out there.

I just can't wait for the The Terminator to show up and protect Carl. Cyberdyne Systems is behind the Zombie outbreak.

All I can find is that it is still slated for October release....so it could be the 17th, 24th, or 31st....

Sweet, it's on the advance list for the 24th!!!! :wishluck:

Nice, but if Carl manages to see his 18th birthday (if the series is still arround and the characters doesn't suffer from non-aging) I will be surprised. It's a jungle out there.

I just can't wait for the The Terminator to show up and protect Carl. Cyberdyne Systems is behind the Zombie outbreak.

:o

Sweet, it's on the advance list for the 24th!!!! :wishluck:

:popcorn: